Monday, May 16, 2011

an April walk and beach day . . .

Even though the change in seasons isn't as drastic here in Southern California I always like looking for the little signs that do appear as the seasons change, especially when Spring arrives. We get pink blossoms on our bushes and the mustard flowers come out EVERYWHERE! I blogged about them last year too. They just make me happy.

looking for treasures. . .
he brought me this snail
we ended our walk at this neighborhood park.
We loved visiting our little Corona del Mar with Evelyn, Jilly and Gordon. The girls are so nice to let Max play along side them, they're used to a little brother. The other day Max was chasing Jilly around the playground saying "gonna get you!" but it's more like "gu' etch-oo". He loves the big kids. We watched a couple get married on the beach on this day!
I shared these already on facebook, this was at about 34 weeks. Thanks Shaunie for taking them and for getting Max to smile!

Max is a little more cautious of the water. Last summer he'd just take off for the waves and there was no stopping him. Now he either makes sure I'm going with him, and holding his hand, or he just waits patiently on the sand while I fill up a bucket for him. We were back at CDM a couple weeks ago and were sitting closer to the water. When a wave would come close he'd put his hand out and say "stop, water! stop, water!" like he was directing traffic or something. I just remembered something else funny. . . on the way home we were driving next to this convertible for a little ways. Max kept looking at it and saying, "uh-oh, hat!?"

and while it's fresh on my mind, Max knows perfectly well not to throw his food on the floor. He knocked his almost finished applesauce cup on the floor this morning and when I walked over with "that look" on my face he said, "sorry" and then "sorry mommy", I was floored.

Ok totally unrelated, just listened to Adele's "Someone Like You" today. Love it. The piano, her voice. . lyrics are great too. Did you see her on Dancing with the Stars the other night? I only tuned in to hear her sing AND some Travis Wall choreography being performed at the same time - it's like the number was just for me!

No comments: