
In the summer of 2003 my Grandma took my family on a Disney Cruise. We left from Florida and sailed to the Bahamas. It was a blast and I shared a room with my little sister and brother. Honestly one of the greatest vacations ever. I remember thinking on that trip, "I hope Grandma does this again, maybe when I'm married!"

Well, that was 8 years ago folks and guess what? Last Fall Grandma decided to do it again! She's taking all her kids, grandkids and great grandkids to ALASKA in July! She started planning it last summer. I was excited. I knew Max would love seeing whales and playing with his cousins for a whole week. Then in September I found out I was pregnant. (Hooray!) I knew the baby would be less than 2 months old when we went on the cruise, but I figured Jared could run after Max, I'd take care of the baby, and my Brother-in-law who is a pediatrician would be there in case anything came up.
Then in October I told my sister I was pregnant. She immediately brought up the cruise, she told me on the Disney cruise your baby had to be at least 3 months! What? So I looked up the cruise line, Celebrity, and sure enough YOUR BABY HAS TO BE 6 MONTHS OLD! I called my grandma and talked to her. She had no idea. My older brother Joel was so upset! He told me to just come and bring the baby, they wouldn't really kick me out. . . .but upon further investigation we found the cruise line is very very strict about this, "don't even try to board with your infant".
Ok, ok, and I understand why. . .I don't want my baby to get some strange cruise ship sickness. My bro-in-law the pediatrician also completely understands why. . .
And it turns out two of my cousins were due in May and July and wouldn't be able to go either.
So I'm a little sad, NOT sad that I'm having a baby, of course I'm thrilled about that, and I'm NOT at all sad about the timing, he's coming when he is meant to come! But I'm just sad that the cruise line won't let me bring him. . . .oh well, ok, I'M OVER IT NOW!
Ok, one more tiny thing while I'm at it there is another DRAGON SKATEBOARD COMPETITION directly behind our apartment tomorrow. If I didn't have a little boy who needed a nap I would think it was pretty cool to listen to the DJ all day and watch the talented skateboarders compete. . . but I do have a little boy who needs a nap. Maybe I'll get lucky and he won't mind RHCP and Beastie Boys blasting right outside his window, sleep right through it. . .
Ok, I'm done. and I feel better. thank you.
8 comments:
Bummer! I know how you feel. I was supposed to go to NY for a month last summer... instead I was stuck home, 9 months pregnant, with no husband! Maybe you guys can do another cruise later... :)
AAAHHHH!!! That's so unfair!!! Maybe there would be someone who could watch him for a week...? It would be a little complicated with the nursing and all, but maybe it could work!!
Awww, I'm so sorry :( I mean, you're right, little baby boy is coming when he's meant to come, but that is still a bummer. Another time, lady. Another time.
And forget naps! Go to the skateboarding thing!! :)
What a bummer! I had to miss the Wertz family cruise when I was 8 months pregnant with Jack. I guess there's a policy about how pregnant you can be, too! I'm so sorry for you!
I feel your pain. Our baby is literally due the same week that everyone is going to be on the Alaskan cruise. *Sniff* *Sniff* Someday we'll just have to go on our own "for those who missed the big one because they were giving life cruise" with Karin! :)
Oh man I would be so upset. At least you will have a sweet new baby. You will just have to go with Jared another time!
That really is sad news. We went on a cruise with just the two of us before I got pregnant with our son, so I know how wonderful they can be! I would LOVE to do it again someday....but who knows when we can now that we have a child and future children to come?
Post a Comment