Tuesday, August 26, 2014

March 2014

Rainy Saturday at our playground.

My friend has four kids 4 years and under.  We have been swapping babysitting (but I haven't been taking her youngest baby, just her older three).  Here is a snap shot of the kids playing at our house, six kids 5 years and under!  It's actually gone pretty well.  Sean especially looks forward to our play dates with them.  We always save our best snacks for when they come over, and I try to do a craft and play outside.

My Dylan Dylan, so messy and so cute.

Snapped this to send to Grandma who got this outfit for Dylan at Christmas, he finally fit into it and wore it to church.

Well, here is little Emily on the tramp in my backyard, I think I was 4 years old.  I showed this to the Primary kids at church during a Sharing Time lesson.  I love being the 1st counselor in Primary.

The ocean of pink blossoms we get every Spring in our neighborhood.  They are so beautiful and make me so happy!  But we have to watch out for the bees that come along with them.

more blossom pictures. . .


Our friends Kristy and Todd came to visit with their kids Nadia and Julian.  They were our neighbors and friends for three years.  We loved seeing them again.  Kristy and I were pregnant with these boys at the same time.  I will never forget her mom who came to visit her for weeks at a time.  She would see me in the parking lot loading all my kids in the car and say, "Oh, God bless you Emily!"


On St. Patrick's Day as a kid my mom would buy us Lucky Charms for breakfast.  I bought them for my kids too and even though my mom doesn't have any kids at home she still got a box for my dad!  Sean and his Grandpa enjoyed the same breakfast that day!

Max had his "5" year old check up on St. Patrick's Day.  He loves the Dr.  I think he was 43" and 42lbs.

snapshot of Dylan's mullet!  Haha, I'm blogging this 5 months later and still haven't cut it.

Our St. Patrick's Day dinner.  Corned beef potatoes, and rainbow skewers.

Speaking of green, it's Max's favorite color.  His preschool teacher even told me all his class mates will save the green things they use or play with for Max.  Here he is in all his green, playing at his buddy Gordon's.

Max started soccer right after his 5th birthday.  It was really fun, it was just once a week for a few weeks, more like a class.  He would wear the same outfit every time because he wanted to wear clothes with numbers on them.


Jared snapped this before church one Sunday.  Again, I love those pink blossoms!

We love that we live a couple blocks from Trader Joe's.  Especially since they are so nice to the kids there and they always get stickers.  Without fail, Sean has them all over by the time we get to the car!  He is really good at peeling them off by himself and sticking them everywhere, he really has great fine motor skills for a kid IMHO.

More soccer, Jared took him one day and send these to me.

Max brought these flowers to preschool for Mrs. Michelle for teacher appreciation week, little did we know she had taken the week off to go to Hawaii!  Oh well, we gave them to his class aid, Miss Amy.


Dylan's cute owl hat from auntie Jess.  There was a day cold enough to wear it!

Jared took me to see Alvin Ailey.  My most favorite modern dance company.  I read Mr. Ailey's autobiography and wrote my last big paper in college on his ballet, "Revelations".  Seeing them live was a dream come true.

And we'll end with some pics of my cute baby Dylan again.  His hair and eyebrows were dark here at 15 months, but he has gone so blonde now!





1 comment:

Anne Wright said...

Love it! What a cute family. :)