Friday, August 15, 2014

February 2014

 In February we got passes to the San Diego Zoo!  The kids are SO into animals.  We are having a lot of fun with it.

They love trekking out to the Polar Bears because of this cool ice cave play area.

 Leopard and Max

Dylan and I at Elephant Odyssey

Sean face to face with an Orangutan

One reason I wanted passes was because my Sean LOVES pandas and they have two at the SD zoo, a Mom and baby.  Sean has loved Pandas since he was 15 months old.  The only movie he would sit and watch at that age was Kung Fu Panda.  He has THREE stuffed animal pandas that he sleeps with every night.  We made up a Panda lullaby that he knows by heart, and we tell panda bedtime stories at night where Sean flies on an airplane to China and brings home a baby panda in his backpack.  The Pandas at the zoo are the only animals you have to wait in line for.  Sean was elated!  They were both awake and munching on Bamboo, just like in our stories.


This pic below isn't at the zoo but is in our own "backyard" the beautiful Heron is one of the many wildlife in our neighborhood!  I love them because they gobble up the gophers. . .and the gophers eat my Kale and Beets in my garden :(.

We visited Grandma at work.  She works at a high school close to us, we brought her balloons for her birthday and watched her perform a "teacher dance" at a pep assembly.

The great team of ladies I worked with, this was at an International Potluck event in February.

Some heart shaped rolls for Valentine's Day!

Cute mailmen delivering Valentines to Grandma and Grandpa

Ok, I LOVE Valentine's Day with the kids.  With Max in preschool we got to make Valentines for his whole class.  It was so fun, 4 and 5 year olds are the cutest.  This was the Valentine Max made for himself ;).

The girls got pink and the boys got green.

 Here is Max after the party, he came home with a bag full of the sweetest little Valentines.  They also had an ice cream party and each kid chose a topping to share, Max brought sprinkles.  We carpooled to preschool with another little boy in our neighborhood named Jack.  It worked out so great because I took the boys in the morning and then Jack's mom brought them home.  I would get Dylan and Sean down for their naps after lunch and then open the front door and watch for Max bouncing up the sidewalk with his robot backpack.  The house would be quiet when he came home and we could cuddle and talk about his day one on one, and he could show me whatever he made at school.  I really treasured that time.

Later on Valentine's Day we delivered our Valentines to friends in the neighborhood.

My friend Shaunie and I were at the playground when our husbands pulled up on their bikes with Roses for us that day.

I made this collage of Shaunie and I with our "little" boys.  The top pic is October 2009 at 7&6 months, then February 2014 on the bottom. . .almost 5 years old.  They have been buds ever since they can remember.

The boys on Valentine's Day morning.

I mentioned we love animals, we play the animal game wherever we go.  Basically charades but we guess what animal we are.  Here is Max being a snake.

We were able to go on a date to a wedding reception for one of Jared's childhood friends. I was really looking forward to it!  I love weddings.  Jared's parents on the bottom were showing their moves on the dance floor.

We tried growing Broccoli in our Garden, didn't work out, but the plant did get almost as tall as Max!

 Just a cute one of Dylan, 14 months.

Sean, lover of Pandas!  Age 2

Dylan again.

1 comment:

Anne Wright said...

I love reading your blog and seeing all the great things you do Emily! Your boys are so lucky to have you as a mom. :) I want to try to make those heart shape rolls!