A few moments from January 2014.
I work one week/weekend a month, for my community. That means Jared has got to be home all weekend to watch the kids. I love that he has this time with them. The weekend I was working in January he tuned up our second bike with the bike seat and took Sean and Dylan on rides. Sadly, Max has outgrown it, but he was ok with chasing them with his big wheel.
Max and Sean received a balance bike and big wheel from Grandma for Christmas and I got them put together in January. Sean is a pro on the balance bike now, love those things. Max can "drift" on the big wheel, it's pretty funny. I am glad they have another way to burn off all their energy!
I don't even remember taking this, but it's pretty cute! I guess we went to Costco in January.
Jared visited Chicago for a conference. It was 80 degrees at home while he was away! We made sure he packed all his warm things for Chicago, we had to dig many out of the bottom of our storage closet.
We love costumes! The boys got these from their Aunt Meridith. We wore them out one day while walking to a near by playground. Here Max is reminding Sean to look both ways!
We LOVE the Newport Beach Library. I have spent many happy mornings here since Max was a little babe. All my babies have splashed in the wishing well and run through this children's garden. On this day we were there at sunset. You can see the ocean as you drive up to the Library, it is a really beautiful, magical place!
One of the parks close by has a fun hedge maze with statues of animals you can find throughout it. Here are some large stones in the maze that the boys call "eggs". They sat on them to keep them warm :).
At the same park on the see-saw, another great reason why siblings come in handy :) Hold on tight Sean!
In January we had to adjust to 1pm church on Sundays. It was hard to get a feel for how much time we had before having lunch and getting ready for church. We spent some time one Sunday morning making a "zoo". Here is the Alligator, Monkey, and Lion in their cages. Mommy was the zoo keeper. They came up with it all by themselves.
I tried to take some 2.5 year old photos of Sean and 1 year old photos of Dylan. The whole time Dylan was just trying to crawl away down the side walk and Max was trying to jump in front of the camera. This is the best I got that day.
At the end of the month was my 30th birthday! I think 30 is pretty awesome. Jared and I escaped on a date. We got Mexican food and then hung around Barnes and Noble.
Outside Max's preschool is this large turtle statue. When we have a few extra minutes the boys take turns sitting on it. These are Max's green pants. They are a favorite. His favorite color is green. Max's preschool teacher, Mrs. Michelle told me when their playing or coloring or painting the kids in his class always make sure Max gets the green toy/crayon/paint. They all know!
and to end this post, here is Dylan pulling up in his crib at 13 months. Love this cubby face!
1 comment:
Love it! What a wonderful family. :) Cant wait to see you again!
Post a Comment