Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Max

Max is 3 years and 9 months old.  He is 39" tall and weighs 37lbs.


He loves to play with his Batman and Cars 2 toys.  He loves to play outside, he rides his own trike to the playground but then hops on this retro radio flyer trike that belongs to his friend Gordon.  He likes to "ride so fast!".  Sometimes Sean will hop on the back and Max will be patient and go slow for Sean for a little bit.  Max is adored by his little brother.  Sean calls out his name "Max!" when he gets too far away when we are outside.  Today at the playground I had oranges and got them out for Sean, but he yelled to Max, "Max, orange!" so he didn't miss out.  When we tell Sean it's time for a bath Sean says, "Max, bath!" to make sure Max is coming too.  Max is a great brother, he gets me Sean's diapers and shoes when I ask him.  Max loves to eat mayonnaise and mustard sandwiches for lunch, yep, that's all he wants on his bread and he eats the whole thing!  He likes apples and peanut butter too, also a bite or two of cheese and MILK!  He absolutely loves his milk.
He likes to talk about Astronauts and Space lately.  He asks me, "mom, when are we going to go to space?"  Like it's a normal thing, like going to the park.  I tell him maybe when he grows up he can be an astronaut.  He totally gets that there is a new baby coming and that the baby is in my "big" tummy.  He tells me, "mom, the new baby is going to come out and break your shirt!".  He knows Grandma will take him to the doctor to see me and the baby in the little bed.  He still remembers when Sean was born and he got to sit in the bed with me and drink chocolate milk and eat cookies.  We drive by the hospital frequently and he tells me that's where we got Sean.  He especially remembers baby Sean in the little bed.  He always tells me the baby is going to be a sister but I have to remind him it will be another boy, a brother.  He wants to name the baby "Kristy" regardless.  I don't know where he got that from, except that it is his friend's mom's name.  He tells me there is a baby in his tummy too, and then laughs because he knows he's being silly.  He says, "I was a baby in your tummy too!", and I tell him yes, he was the first baby in my tummy and about how when came out and he was SO cute.  He likes to tell me who is a boy in our house and who is a girl and what things are for boys and what things are for girls.

He is a happy little guy, he is still little but is getting so smart and big.  He has so much energy, like boys do.  I need a little treadmill in my house, or a yard with a track where I could just send him out to run!  I love the moments we have reading together or playing a game together, just one on one.  Every night I kiss him when I tuck him in and he makes sure he kisses me too.  He is also great at giving hugs.   I love my Max!

1 comment:

Anne Wright said...

I love my Max too! It's so fun to read blog posts like this. It helps me get to know your boys, even though I can't be around them all the time.