Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Sean at ONE year

I wanted to document what Sean is like at 12-13 months.

He likes to eat.
- He really is a good eater, he was done with baby food by 9 months.  He feeds him self most things and already wants to try a fork and plate.  He loves fruit but has become picky about veggies.  He'll eat most things if their dipped in marinara or ketchup.  He could snack all day.  He loves cereal and yogurt.  He will start squawking at you if you are eating something, he wants a bite!  He will ask complete strangers.  He knows when I'm fixing dinner and will start reaching for his high chair.  Beans are another favorite.  He also loves to carry around his sippy cup of water and will just cling to it.  (both of my boys have been this way).  He sips whole milk occaisionally but still nurses 2-3 times a day.

He is an active little guy!
- He is a CLIMBER!  But doesn't walk yet.  He took about 1 step on Mother's Day.  For about a month he would take one step from time to time, then once in June he took 3 steps.  Then it was basically no steps, but today he took 5! (July 19) Jared got him to do it out of no where.  He can stand up without pulling up on anything and can balance for quite a while.  He sure does like to climb though, on chairs, the couch, the table, the computer desk.  I've really got to watch him, but he's pretty strong and balanced.  He loves to dance and bounce along with music.  His signature move is a little twist at the waist.  He climbs the stairs and probably could go down them ok, but I still have to watch him close.

He is so stinkin' cute!
- He has blue eyes and dark blonde hair with some whispy curls at the end.  His bangs sure grow fast and I gave them a little trim a while ago (April 28th) but I haven't cut the back or over his ears.  I've got to leave it long for his one year photos :).  His arms and tummy are thinning out a little but he's still got the rolls in his legs.  He has big hands and long fingers.  I think he will be tall.  He has a cute high pitched laugh.  His lips are curvy like his daddy's.  He has had his front 8 teeth for quite a while now (4 on top, 4 on bottom) but then on July 3rd I noticed his top on bottom molars on the right coming in.

He talks!
- Before his birthday I'd unmistakenly heard him say "mama" "dada" and "baba" (bye bye).  But the day after he turned one (July 11th) we were playing with his new bubble machine and he said "bubble!".  Now he says it whenever he sees the bubble machine or when we're getting his bubble bath ready.  He also points like crazy.  He will point to crackers and say some word that means "cracker" to him.  For books he says, "a boo".  The other day daddy went downstairs and he really wanted to go too.  He pointed to the stairs and said "steh".

He is a smarty pants!
- He's definitely too smart to be called a baby (but we call him "baby" all the time).  He loves books.  For several months I would try to read to him and he would just want to hold the book or close the book but since his birthday he just goes crazy over them and wants to read them all the time.  At the library I take him to the board book section and he choses his own.  He find a few that he just has to cling to and that is that!  He has such a great memory of where things are in the house.  I think he can understand a lot too.  I asked him to give something to Max the other day and he did it!

He is affectionate!
- He gives me big slobbery kisses and will put his had on his mouth and make a smacking noise to blow kisses.  He can really give hugs as well.  I feel like this is young to be doing that but he puts his arms around Jared and I and rests his head on our shoulders like a real hug.  He loves his brother too, they laugh and hug each other often.

He sleeps through the night!
- I don't want to jinx it but as of the first week of July he has been sleeping from about 7:30pm-about 6am.  He still needs two naps most days.  I think we'll be at one soon though.



I love my sweet Sean.  This first year with him has been great, lots of work but worth it!  I've tried to enjoy every stage, they change so much that first year.  I'm glad we've made it through.  I love who you are becoming Sean, you are my sweet sunshine.  I love tickling you, kissing you, feeding you, bathing you and everything about being your mommy.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Sean is so adorable! You have the cutest boys! It has been so much fun watching them grow!

Anne Wright said...

Sean is so cute and sweet! I love seeing our home in the background. :) I wish I could have been in Utah with you!