Friday, July 20, 2012

Auntie Annie's visit

My little sister Annie came to visit us in May!  It was such a great visit, and the perfect time for her to come. I made the mistake of telling Max she was coming a few weeks before and, naturally, he was asking me every day if she was coming that day.  The morning she was going to arrive, I went in Max's room in the morning and he said "Aunt Annie come over!" and I finally could tell him that YES she was coming!  He loved that she would sit in the back seat with him.  He actually calls it "Aunt Annie's seat" now.  He still talks about playing "Anger Birds" on her phone.  

Here she is with the boys on Mother's Day

We couldn't wait to take her to Centennial Farms.  There were so many Spring baby animals that we knew she would love.



This baby calf was totally dancing and showing off for us.


"peek-a-boo!"

 We also took her to Balboa where she and Max found lots of sand crabs and sea shells

As we were packing up to leave we decided to walk down the pier, so glad we did because we ran into this large pelican, just hanging out.




Then this big Sea Lion showed up and was barking at the fisherman for a snack.



Another day we visited the Irvine Spectrum to shop and play in the fountain, the boys were in heaven.




We hit up the beach again at Little Corona.  The tide was low and there are lots of tide pools, I didn't get that many pics as I was holding little hands along the rocks while we explored.  A ranger was there with lots of items people had found in the tide pools including a seal skull and shark eggs which are tough, hollow and spiral shaped.  She told us another name for a shark egg is a "Mermaid Purse" which we thought was cute.  We mostly saw little crabs, Max to this day thinks he saw an octopus but I think it was just some stringy sea weed.


We love you Auntie Annie!  Thank you for cleaning, cooking, taking Max to the potty, holding fussy Sean, and playing with my kids while I napped - you went way above and beyond.  Come back soon.  We miss you!


4 comments:

Anne Wright said...

Thank you Emily! It was so much fun to come visit you, Jared, Max, and Sean. :) I still think about that visit often. I love you! :)

Rebekah said...

So fun to read about Anne's visit and see pictures. We miss all of you!

Rebekah said...

So fun to read about Anne's visit and see pictures. We miss all of you!

Rebekah said...

So fun to read about Anne's visit and see pictures. We miss all of you!