Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Spring in my Neighborhood

Although the seasons here in Irvine are not as drastic as they are in my hometown of Provo, I still am very sensitive to the small signs of change as each season approaches, especially Spring.  I love looking forward to seeing nature repeat itself.  Now being here for nearly 4 years, I like being able to watch for the signs that time has passed.

I took these on a walk with Sean one Sunday morning in March.

For a few weeks each Spring we walk out to a sea of these pink blossoms on the bushes.







"our" tree, it grows right in front of our place.  Does anyone know what they're called?




3 comments:

shaunie said...

My mother-in-law called that tree a star pine. I have no idea if that's accurate. There have been so many lizards out lately, we saw one that had an unfortunate encounter with the maintenance man near your house on Monday.
Random question:Are you related to a Joel and Elaine White featured in this month's Ensign?

hilary w said...

Wow...what beautiful photographs! I love the rounded corners, too. You live in a beautiful place!

pandorasbox said...

I love your pictures! Shaunie, My Husband's Dad Norman and his brother Dale were adopted into the White line when their mother remarried. Our lineage is actually Maxwell. I don't remember any White's by that name in our extended family.