Tuesday, January 10, 2012

November '11 Favorites

hello, hello out there. . .it may be possible that I can count my readers on one hand these days. . .haha.  Enjoy these snaps of the kiddos.

Max loves his "people"

We got an email from a friend one morning saying she had some extra free passes to the OC Zoo, we met her there a few hours later.  Part of it is a petting zoo. . .


The snakes were the last thing we saw there.  Max had been really into snakes at this time.  He calls them all "pretend snakes" (the word pretend to him means it's not scary) this one just kept following him back and forth behind the glass. . .I have a video but it will take forever to upload, anyway, he loved it.

Friends outside the Zoo.

Oh this picture just cracks me up.  This was totally Max's idea to put them in the baby tub together.  They barely fit.  Max was so excited, this is his excited face and he balls up his fists and shakes them when he's happy about something.  Sean was just chilling out, happy as can be squished in the little tub.

Out for a walk. . .this little car was out by the dumpster last summer and Max insisted we take it home.  He's just about too big for it now but still pushed himself all along our walk.  This was the day after a hair cut.

Brother snuggles

A major blessing for me is when Max takes his 3+ hour naps.  They don't happen every day but when they do, I get some one on one time with Sean, or occasionally a little snooze of my own if Sean goes down.  Here we are killing time until Max wakes up . . .

Sean started Rice Cereal, he tolerates it but it's not his favorite.

This is for Uncle Chase.  Jared made Max a paper bag dress-up outfit just like Uncle Chase used to make as a kid.

Max got a big boy bed.  We finally decided this would be the best time to make the transition.  He did well for a couple nights, then we had some of the roughest couple weeks ever . . .but we're good now and the boys go down for the night in the same room.
  
 Max sits on the edge of his bed and sings "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. . ." he totally came up with this himself.

My chubby chubs

This was just too funny I had to snap a picture.  I baby sat 6 kids for one hour ages 9 months, 16 months, 3 years, 3 years, and my own kids 2.5 years and 4 months.  It was a little crazy but every one was happy for that hour!  Luckily Sean stayed asleep.

Diaper boys

With Aunties Mer and Jessica and Uncle Chase on Thanksgiving

Little Jammy Jam Session.

Happy Sean in his walker

11 comments:

Andrew and Melissa said...

Hey, I still read your blog. I feel the same way about mine, though. I think people don't check blogs as much as they uses too. :)

Anne Wright said...

I love the pictures Emily! Thanks for sharing. :) I especially loved the petting zoo. I wish I could have been there! And Sean's little chubby legs are so cute. I have the cutest nephews ever! (Which means I have a beautiful sister too.) Loves!

pandorasbox said...

cute pictures!!! Love the double dip tub bash!

Teresa W said...

You have such cute little boys! I love the Chubsy Chubs picture.

shaunie said...

I think I can count my blog readers on one hand too. That's why I'm thinking of going private. It's become the important family journal the last few years instead of my sounding board.
I'm glad you got the boys to settle down and sleep at night finally. It can seem like the night-time interruptions are never going to end!

Jared Blanco said...

Those are some good looking kids! And a great looking mommy!

Jared Blanco said...

I love reading your posts! You're the best mommy ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

your boys are adorably cute Emily!

Jared Blanco said...

THESE ARE SERIOUSLY THE MOST INCREDIBLE PICTURES I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE!!!!!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hope said...

I love the picture of you holding Sean. You look great! And Max's hair cut is very handsome. And I LOVE the chub rolls on Sean ... so cute!!!!