When my Grandma Wright passed away last November I started thinking about photos I had of her and special things I had to remember her by. When my dad and his siblings were going through her things and getting ready to sell her home, I asked if her cookie jar had been claimed - it hadn't! My Aunt found it for me. This cookie jar is so special. As children we had to sing Grandma a song to get a cookie from it. I can just see her hands taking the lid off and the big smile on her face. Even the neighborhood kids would come over and sing songs for cookies.
In honor of my Grandma this is an official invitation for any neighborhood friends to come over and sing a song for a cookie!
With Grandma, 4 generations! Christmas 2009
p.s. still waiting on the baby! any time now little man. . .
2 comments:
Love that idea. So cute!
I LOVE that memory of Granmda! Congrats on the new little man, he is PRECIOUS!
Post a Comment