I wish I had something helpful to contribute - we are stuck in pb&j-land! I used to do more creative stuff but she has gotten more and more picky and I want to have at least one meal where I know she'll eat what's on her plate....
We have a lot of PB&J and grilled cheese, but we also have quesadillas (which are a good place to stick whatever I want him to eat) and sometimes just crackers, cheese, and pieces of lunch meat. It's not much, but it's better than the two-week period in which we had goldfish and raisins every day for lunch.
Ugh. Lunch is my least favorite meal of the day. I'm interested to see what other people fix. My kids are not big on sandwiches, so that takes out a lunch item category.
A very popular item at our house is Peanut Butter roll-ups: honey (or jelly) and peanut butter spread over a wheat tortilla and rolled up. They are great for picnics -- I just wrap the end in plastic wrap.
My boys also love hummus. I give them veggies and those hearty Wasa crackers to scoop it up with.
I am so glad someone mentioned tuna! I think I will introduce my kids to tuna-melt tomorrow. Thanks!
I know what you mean about a lunch rut! I realized at one point that Weston was eating the same three things over and over again, so I actually sat down and made a list of potential lunches. So, I look at that every day and try to mix it up as much as possible. It pretty much includes: pasta, mac & cheese, turkey sandwich, AB&J sandwich, quesadilla, nuggets, scrambled eggs, cheese & crackers, grilled cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt...! It helps. :-)
I saw your comment on Dancing Branflakes and hopped over. My daughter is three, and I always try to feed her a version of what I am having to expand her tastes. I'll usually make a little extra for dinner the night before for everyone's lunch the next day. On the days I don't, I'll make quick things like grilled sandwiches or homemade mac & cheese. One of the easiest things for me is to just give her a little bit of lots of things in little piles on her plate like cottage cheese, black beans, avocado, some fruit, etc. I usually get in a rut when I'm tired of making things! Good luck!
7 comments:
I wish I had something helpful to contribute - we are stuck in pb&j-land! I used to do more creative stuff but she has gotten more and more picky and I want to have at least one meal where I know she'll eat what's on her plate....
We have a lot of PB&J and grilled cheese, but we also have quesadillas (which are a good place to stick whatever I want him to eat) and sometimes just crackers, cheese, and pieces of lunch meat. It's not much, but it's better than the two-week period in which we had goldfish and raisins every day for lunch.
PB&J, grilled cheese, tuna, quesadillas, tuna-quesadillas, etc. And of course lots of fruit!
Max is so adorable by the way - his hair is just the cutest!
Ugh. Lunch is my least favorite meal of the day. I'm interested to see what other people fix. My kids are not big on sandwiches, so that takes out a lunch item category.
A very popular item at our house is Peanut Butter roll-ups: honey (or jelly) and peanut butter spread over a wheat tortilla and rolled up. They are great for picnics -- I just wrap the end in plastic wrap.
My boys also love hummus. I give them veggies and those hearty Wasa crackers to scoop it up with.
I am so glad someone mentioned tuna! I think I will introduce my kids to tuna-melt tomorrow. Thanks!
I know what you mean about a lunch rut! I realized at one point that Weston was eating the same three things over and over again, so I actually sat down and made a list of potential lunches. So, I look at that every day and try to mix it up as much as possible. It pretty much includes: pasta, mac & cheese, turkey sandwich, AB&J sandwich, quesadilla, nuggets, scrambled eggs, cheese & crackers, grilled cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt...! It helps. :-)
I saw your comment on Dancing Branflakes and hopped over. My daughter is three, and I always try to feed her a version of what I am having to expand her tastes. I'll usually make a little extra for dinner the night before for everyone's lunch the next day. On the days I don't, I'll make quick things like grilled sandwiches or homemade mac & cheese. One of the easiest things for me is to just give her a little bit of lots of things in little piles on her plate like cottage cheese, black beans, avocado, some fruit, etc. I usually get in a rut when I'm tired of making things! Good luck!
Post a Comment