Max turned two on a Saturday, we celebrated all weekend. It was a blast and I hope he felt special and loved. I made this cupcake train for a little friends party we had on Friday afternoon. Trains or "choo-choos" was the little theme of his birthday. We've been to two other "choo-choo" birthday parties in the last month! Boys love trains!

I really just Googled "cupcake train" to get the idea. Very easy! We already had the right sized Thomas. Max pulled him off the tray and didn't even go for the cupcakes!

This big Thomas he didn't even get as a present but on the morning of his birthday we had a ward "swap" where everyone brings stuff for D.I. and if anyone in the ward needs it they can take it before it goes in the D.I. trailer in the parking lot. There were lots of toys, honestly I hope Max doesn't think that every birthday we just go to the church and he can pick out toys! We just left with a couple, but of course this Thomas was a huge hit and couldn't have come at a better time. My friend Britt-Marie who brought it to give away warned me that it makes an annoying noise . . .which is true, but it's been worth it to see the happiness it brings to this kid.

Birthday Breakfast . . .

"people eh-pane" from mom and dad, don't mind the sign falling down on the wall . . .


I've been wanting to take him to the SD Zoo but it didn't work out this time around, maybe for his 3rd! So, Saturday afternoon we went to the Irvine Park Railroad. It's a cute little train that rides through a large beautiful park. It was their anniversary that weekend and tickets were discounted, great timing!

Max rode once with dad . . .


and once with Grandpa, when he realized he was going with Grandpa he just got this huge smile on his face.

he loved every minute of the "choo-choo" ride and cried when we left. We went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. We got him pizza but he just wanted some "juice" and then walked around to look at the animals the rest of the time.

Some of the large palms in the park.

On Sunday we had a little family party at home. Grandpa came . . .

and Grandma and Auntie Meridith.

I made him yet another cupcake train, still likes the Thomas more than the cupcakes, I don't even think he ate a bite of cupcake, just some ice cream and then back to playing with toys!


It was definitely a weekend to remember! Love you big guy!
2 comments:
What a great birthday!!! I love the Thomas idea and the "2" pancake!!! Happy birthday, fella!
Oh man, I love that cupcake train! Such a great idea!
Post a Comment