Friday, December 17, 2010

My heart breaks . . .

I'm still in shock and I don't think it will seem real until I see it with my own eyes. The beautiful Provo Tabernacle caught on fire in the early morning hours today. The ornate stained glass, and spiral staircases are gone. I am relieved to hear that no one was hurt. I attended every Stake conference in this building from when I was born until when I went to college. Then after Jared and I were married our Wymount ward met there for Stake Conferences. There were also numerous concerts, especially at this time of year, that my family would attend together. Still no known cause. I just read the most recent article here. It mentioned how a picture of the Savior was saved, unharmed.

6 comments:

pandorasbox said...

I too was saddened by the loss of the beautiful building. This tragedy will be an opportunity for people to pull together and rebuild as a community.

HedaWood said...

I feel like we all lost a friend. I thought I was the only one who was depressed about it, but everyone at work was too. Sad day.

Jean said...

That is so sad!! I had no idea. I love that building.

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

I was so sad when I heard. I love old Buildings and the memories at this one are so wonderful. I am hoping they can do something to keep part of it.

Lisa said...

It's so sad!!!! I was heartbroken when I heard, and I didn't even grow up in Provo, so I can't even imagine. What a tragedy.

Rachel said...

I also feel like I'm mourning the loss of an old friend. Never will I be able to show my children the old teethmarks I made as a toddler on the wood of the balcony in the Provo Tabernacle!