We're enjoying Halloweek! We've already had three fun chances to dress up and we have two parties tomorrow! I just wanted to document a couple things.
Max turned 20 months this week. His memory astounds me. The other day we were low on laundry and I found this Lighting McQueen shirt that someone had given me. Max likes to watch Cars at his Grandma White's house. As soon as he saw the shirt he said "Please Please Please!" to put it on. He was reluctant to take it off at the end of the day but I got it off and in the hamper. A couple days later he was by the hamper, opening it, taking out clothes saying "big cars big cars!" (that's what he calls "Cars"). He slept in it that night, yes, out of the hamper.
Speaking of cars. On Thursday I went visiting teaching. This was only my second time seeing this particular lady. The first time was a month ago. As soon as we got to her door Max started saying "big cars! big cars!" because LAST MONTH when we were there she got out some cars toys for him!
Also over a month ago we visited Centennial Farms for playgroup and there was a cow there that just kept leaning over it's gate saying "mooo mooo!" . This week we went there again. We were just in the parking lot and he remembered where we were, he started saying "mooo mooo!".
Another thing Max really loves are "choo-choos". Yesterday at our church music class he saw my friends little boy, Benji, and started saying "choo-choo, choo-choo" because last time we had class he was wearing a Thomas shirt. Seriously this kid is getting to be so smart!
Just wanted to add also, knock on wood, but I feel blessed that Max isn't particularly interested in the toilet or the garbage.
and also, funny story, well in retrospect. I REALLY needed a shower this morning. Max was watching Curious George and it seemed to be keeping his attention. I thought a five minute shower couldn't cause too much damage. When I got out I heard a clicking noise, I figured he was just playing with some toys. No, he'd come upstairs, was in my bedroom playing with the stapler! and an underwear drawer had been completely emptied all over the floor. 5 minutes!
I have these downloaded so I'll just throw them on with this post. Max talks and signs so much these days. I try to get it on video but once the camera turns on he doesn't always cooperate. Here are a couple attempts. Click on the link and not the play button.
2 comments:
He is so adorable! He's growing up so fast :) and I love his little blonde curls :)
The second video made me smile, he was concentrating so hard on those trains! Gordon only has that kind of focus when he's got electronics in his hands.
Post a Comment