Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Orange County Zoo

On a hot day before Uncle Chase went back to BYU we took him to the OC Zoo which is located inside the Irvine Regional Park. We also went as a little celebration of living in CA for two years. This zoo is small but perfect for an afternoon outing. We started off at the petting zoo area. . .

come on daddy . . .keep going!
the bears were the biggest animals there. We watched one swim around in their pool. We much prefer watching bears behind a fence to in the wild, like in Yosemite!This cougar was just lazily laying around until he saw us. He perked right up, licked his chops, the walked over to us, but as he got close he changed his mind and went back to his shady bed. Weird!
Max and I with the Bald Eagle.
There is a Golden Eagle back there.
At the park they also have a train ride and a pony ride. We picked the train, Max has been more and more into "choo-choos". He loved it.
Afterwards we picked up some ice cream bars at a grocery store and headed to another nearby playground in Tustin. Max and Uncle Chase going down the slide.

3 comments:

Hope said...

So fun! I forgot that zoo had "big animals" like bears and mountain lions!

Ms. White said...

i want max kisses!

Stephanie said...

I love seeing bears at the zoo. I was so sad when we went to the Hogle Zoo last year and they were gone.