Thursday, September 9, 2010

July part 2 - Reflection . . .

There is something amazing about bringing my husband and now baby along to do things I used to do as a child. To watch them have fun and enjoy those same things is such an awesome feeling. I think part of it is because as a kid I watched my older sibling's spouses join our family and dreamed about the day I would get married. I wondered what it would be like to have my husband be part of the family too. I spent many Sunday afternoons dreaming in my backyard about growing up and having kids of my own. To actually be doing that now is kind of surreal sometimes and bringing my own family back to my parents house just makes me happy. So much of my life has taken place in that house.

During our trip I had lots of moments where I just kind of sat back reflecting on my life so far, I'm so blessed. I've had so many great friends that I've made some great memories with and can always look back on and smile. I have 6 amazing siblings who are all people I respect and admire. I have two parents who live each day for their children to have to best life possible. I was born into The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. While being home and reflecting on all these things it really becomes so clear to me how I was lead to Jared and how we are meant to be together forever. I'm so thankful to his parents for all they've done to raise him and for encouraging and preparing him to serve a mission and to work hard. It's just fun to look back and think how all my life experiences and the people who have come in and out of my life have influenced me and prepared me for what I'm doing now, in the present, being a wife and a mom. I know God has had a plan for me all along.

Enjoying a Sunday afternoon at my parents . . .



1 comment:

Lisa said...

That makes me happy :) There's nothing better than realizing how blessed you are to be where you are at that moment.