Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Hair Cut

welp, the time had come to cut my baby's hair. Jared had been asking to cut it since he was one, and somehow I'd just keep ignoring him or would quickly change the subject. Then in July he got a small bit of Gorilla glue in his hair that I just couldn't get out and finally Jared said if I didn't cut it by a certain day (7/23/10) then HE would do it his way. It really was tough for me to bring myself to do it. Max was born with a lot of dark hair but it quickly lightened and as his head grew the hair spread out, leaving him looking slightly bald by 3 or 4 months. He also got that bald spot right on the back of his head for awhile during those early months. I just felt like we'd waited so long for his hair to fill in and grow that I just couldn't fathom cutting it intentionally. But it was time. We turned on Max's "Little People" DVD, he sat in Jared's lap, and I handled the scissors.

Before - love those "wings" over his ears!
After - trimmed up the ears, evened out the front, and trimmed the back. Oh, and cut the small chunk of Gorilla Glue out.
after his bath, all combed and nice.

6 comments:

pandorasbox said...

Too cute...I miss the curls but they will grow back! :-)

Esther said...

First hair cuts are so hard! Cutting off their baby hair somehow makes them grow up! But he looks so cute!

Lisa said...

It is hard to cut their hair for the first time, but then they look so handsome! Jonathan's first haircut was at 2 months, haha :) But I think I'm going to have to fix Aaron's, since he went bald in the front and has a big alfalfa sprout in the back--I've been resisting, but I think the time is coming :)

Stephanie said...

He looks so handsome with his haircut! Holy cow what a busy and fun summer you had. Glad you had so many visitors.

Jamie said...

Aww...he looks like a little boy now! How cute! I always struggle with giving my kids their first hair cuts too! It always brings a little tear to my eye!

Rachel said...

Ah, did you cry!? Brian's hair is really long and curly (he's got lotsa wings around the ears too) and I just can't bring myself to cut it yet. I just love the blonde curls! He's not quite a year old, and Jesse and I joke that if we cut his hair, he'll lose his strength, like Samson in the Bible. he he. Max looks cute though!