Our first morning there.
You can see our "bear proof" locker behind the guys. All food and toiletries had to go in there
Playing in the woods with Aunt Jess
That first morning Jared went with his dad, brother Chase and sister Jessica on a big hike to a waterfall. (i stole these pics from Chase's facebook)

Max and I stayed behind with Aunt Meridith and Grandma. We got Ice Cream and saw a Deer.Max had plenty to do around the campsite. Dig in the dirt and poke sticks in the fire pit were his favorites.
He got very dirty to say the least!
He liked to sweep the dirt up with Grandma's broom
We got to ride the shuttle buses around the park. Max loves buses but had never really been on one. He LOVED it.
more playing around the campsite, we never lit an actual fire until Max was in bed
Our second day we hiked to a smaller waterfall on a paved road.
Later that afternoon we went to this little "beach" with sand at a river bank. The water for this small river came from snow - it was very cold! You can see "El Capitan" Peak in the background.
Cold water never stops this kid!
I can't believe Jared and Chase swam all the way across - burr!
Just after Max woke up a man approached us where we were picnicking and said a BEAR was coming through the woods and was headed our way! We quickly gathered up our food and headed towards where more people were. We watched this black bear go right through the place where we were sitting just seconds before. Max was like "whoa whoa!". I wasn't really scared. He did sniff Max's stroller down though. He was just looking for people food.
![]() |
| From 2010-08-04 |
another video from our campsite
![]() |
| From 2010-08-04 |
Driving home with this sweet new car from Grandma White.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa White for planning the trip. The food was great and the company was even better. I loved sitting around the campfire, eating s'mores and looking at all the stars!
One more pic, this is Half Dome. A really impressive peak at Yosemite. You have special gear and sign a waver to hike it. We just admired it from a distance :) I got the pic online because I never took one myself.


5 comments:
your blog looks great, love the pictures of Max's dirty face!!!!
how fun!! I can't believe how big Max is...time goes so fast...and he is most definitely your son...he looks so much like you it isn't even funny!
What a beautiful place to go camping! Oh I miss camping. Max looks so much like you!
Looks like so much fun, I had no idea you went there. I haven't been brave enough to take the kids camping. It's so nice Max slept for you! I absolutely love the pic where he is sleeping on you after the water, so sweet!
AWESOME!!!! I love these pictures, and it's so much more fun reading your story having just been there myself and knowing what hikes and waterfalls you're talking about. I can't believe you were so close to a bear. So cool! And my kids got RIDICULOUSLY dirty too; they were so gross. They were true ragamuffins for a few days.
Post a Comment