My Sister Becky, her husband, and their three kids came to visit us over their Spring Break. They actually stayed down in San Diego because they got tickets to Sea World. Lucky for me they bought one for me too! So Max and I drove down. It was his first time at a big amusement park (even though we live <30 minutes from Disneyland, he still hasn't been). Sea World was great for him though.
First of all, did you know that they have a Sesame Street area for kids? Max watches Sesame Street a little in the mornings and as we were waiting for my niece Eliza to go on a bigger kid ride, Max spotted Bert and Ernie, he was just smiling and pointing. So we got up close for a picture and Max was fascinated! He just stared at them, didn't want to look at the camera.

We actually had to wait in line to meet Elmo, Max was just elated - all smiles and giggles, Elmo gave him a hug and a kiss and Max was in heaven!


Max also went on his first amusement park ride. It was kind of surreal to me that my baby was big enough to go on a ride! When we got to the gate the lady said she had to see that he could walk by himself before he got on. I put him down and of course he just clung to me and wouldn't walk, luckily my sister picked him up and put him down and then he walked to me. It was kind of a Dumbo type ride, but they were fish that looked like Elmo. I strapped the seat belt over us and clutched him tight the whole time!
Of course Sea World has a lot more to see . . .



my sister and nephew

He loved the animals, loved pointing at them too.
My sister's family also drove up to see us the day before they left, here is Max and his cousin Eliza playing.

We all went to the Spectrum for dinner and to ride the carousel again.

Thanks for coming to visit us you guys!
8 comments:
I'm loving the pictures! He looks so excited to be meeting those life-sized Sesame Street folks. I wonder what he must be thinking? (Like maybe "I wonder why these people are furry?!" :-)
How FUN!!! I love those pictures of him with the Sesame Street characters--he is just so in love!
That is awesome Sesame Street is there! It looks like you guys had so much fun. That is great you got to play with your family!
Awesome! What a fun trip!! Yay for all the firsts! I didn't know that there was a Sesame Street area at Sea World... now I have a lot more motivation to get Weston down there!
What a fun day! We are hoping to take the kids to Disneyland this summer! Ethan will love it!
How fun - I love the pic of Max staring at Bert and Ernie! I want to take Annabelle there just to see how she reacts to a giant Elmo!!
Sea World is such a fun place. I'm glad Max loved it!
Max with those sesame street characters is cracking me up! That's so fun that he got it and loved it, I would have thought he'd be too young to understand, you know? The picture where he's looking back at them made me laugh, you know he was totally in awe that the people from the TV were actually real. Haha. Glad you had such a fun outing! I love sea world!
Post a Comment