We arrived back home in California a few days after Christmas. Max slept almost the entire flight! We celebrated Christmas at our house . . .

and again with the White's on New Years Eve . . .

Santa brought Jared a surfboard for Christmas, it's great that Jared already had a surfing buddy, his sister Jessica!

On New Years Day we headed out to Doheny Beach to play and we watched Jess surf with some friends. It was a bit chilly but Max had a blast receiving his first surfing lesson . . .

Step 1: paddle with all you've got!

Step 2: Stand up and enjoy the ride!

I've never seen the tide so low at Doheny, very rocky, but still beautiful.


I've decided a little sand never hurt anyone, since he started crawling, I can't keep him out of it. I guess he can only eat so much(?!).

LOVE this photo!
7 comments:
I love that last picture so much too!!! Sticks and stones may break your bones but eating a little dirt won't hurt me. :) :) Honestly, I think a lot of mom-hood is deciding what is important and what's not :)
You guys were meant to be in Cali! Max's first surfing lesson?! Does it get any cuter than that?! I love it!!! What a little stud. I wouldn't be surprised if my little Addi falls in love with him :)
Such FUN pictures!!
gosh, i miss that little munchkin! can we chat on skipe sometime so we can see each other? and of course you and jared too!
I love the pics. They're so in-character. I always imagined you two with a little surfer baby. :-)
I can't believe he is almost 1! What a darling little boy. I agree, a little sand won't hurt him right?
Love your little beach bum babe! Hopefully someday we'll get to catch up in CA. I was going to tell you I'm impressed you start the day at 6am with your son. Mornings are so hard for me. It's probably hard too because I can't kick the habit of going to bed around midnight. Yes I did read Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child. Some good stuff in there. Matthew naturally fell into a bedtime at around 8pm which means he gets up closer to 7:30am and 8am which works out well for me. I'm sure one day I'll have an early bird baby though.
Oh, to be at the beach in January!! You guys are livin' the good life.
Post a Comment