Thursday, January 28, 2010

Holidays: Max's First Christmas!

Max woke up so happy on Christmas morning! It was so cute, like he knew something was up! (this is the crib I slept in when I was a baby by the way!)


Christmas jammies . . .

We opened presents at my parents house with my younger sibs Jonathan and Annie.
Max loved the Pez dispenser he received in his stocking.

and of course the wrapping paper!

Later we went to my Grandma Savage's house to see more family.
My niece Audrey got an American Girl Doll for Christmas, I LOVED my Samantha doll growing up. So many great memories! I was so excited for Audrey, I thought this was a cute picture with my mom.
My 2 year old niece Eliza received a 1/32 size violin for Christmas (her mommy is a violin teacher). So cute and tiny! (hello Lamar Odom in the background, haha)
We ended the day with late night Tetris on the N64, a holiday tradition! Jared's getting pretty good, ALMOST better than me! :)


and finally I just thought this video was cute, my brother is playing the piano . . .

almost caught up with the holidays whew!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

That Max is just too darn cute!! I love the fervor with which he chomps on that wrapping paper. So YUMMY! ;)

shaunie said...

Fun Christmas pictures. I finally did get the video working, I guess it just didn't want to work in Google Reader for some reason, so I had to come to the blog itself. I like your background!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Oh I just love your Max's chubby cheeks! He is seriously a beautiful little boy and looks just like his gorgeous mommy.. seriously, WHO looks as good as you do on Christmas morning?! I love all the pictures and video. He sure is a happy little boy! I'm glad to see that you guys are doing so well!

Christy said...

Cute Christmas pictures, looks fun! Thanks for the great food blogs. They look yummy and I am excited to try some.

Jean said...

Awww, what a great Christmas!! The Christmas jammies tradition is popular; I need to get on that bandwagon. :-) And I love the video games at the end of the day! We do that too!!

PS - Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the photo at the top of your blog? LOVE LOVE LOVE. :-)

Angie said...

I love these Christmas break posts! I still cannot get over how cute Max is. Loved the video of him in the crib on Christmas morning. And you looked great, by the way! Gorgeous hair! (I definitely didn't look that good on Christmas morning!)

Until I have the time to come up with a good photography post (or maybe convince Abbie to do so... haha), you could check out a couple sites that are really good and explain things in a pretty easy-to-understand way.

ThePioneerWoman.com/photography/ is good. Her posts on basic photography are a good starting point:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/category/basic-photography/what-the-heck/

She also has articles about composition that would apply if you're not dealing with a SLR camera (one with a detachable lens):
http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/category/basic-photography/composition/

Another one is http://photo.tutsplus.com/
It has a ton of articles all about photography.

Hope that helps!

Headle said...

CUTE post Emily!!! You three always make me so happy! Your little Max is just sooooo sweet!!! Looks like he had a fantastic first Christmas! YAY!

Anne Wright said...

I love these pictures Emily! :) I love you!