I have a new update on Max that is almost ready to be posted, I just need to get a few more pics off my camera. It is way overdue, he'll be ONE next week!
Just felt like spilling some thoughts . . .
- I subbed for my friend in primary on Sunday, 4 year olds, so cute! I only had two boys, one was named John, I honestly had to ask him his name 3 times I just wasn't expecting such a normal name as John! There are so many different names out there these days . . I thought he said "Tron" at first!
- One day in like 2007 at work the power was out after a wind storm hit Salt Lake, after a few hours they sent all the kids (and teachers) home, I headed over to Anthropologie in the Gateway to buy this blue and white bath mat I'd had my eye on. It was so cute, and way too expensive for a bathmat but I bought it. Now it is so yucky, I just can't get the dirt out of it! I wash it over and over, I even used a carpet cleaner on it, maybe it's disinfected but it doesn't look clean, argh.
- Max pulled an entire carton of eggs out of the fridge and dumped them on the kitchen floor today, it really was my fault for not putting them away properly and then letting him play in the fridge, oh well! It was all cleaned up in like 5 minutes.
- I love that it feels like May, and it's February, and we play outside everyday! After Christmas I kind of forgot that it was winter and snowing in other places!
- I went to Utah two weekends ago because Jared was out of town. Love my nieces and nephews!
- I'm having a hard time getting excited about the Olympics, I don't know why. Last time in 08 I watched every night while I was packing up our apartment, it was right before we moved. What are you looking forward to?
- The mail, I'm expecting a letter that should've already been here. Isn't it amazing that anything gets to us via the mail? millions and millions of letters and some how we usually get most things, I'm pretty impressed, fascinated actually, I've always wanted to work at a post office.
- Regina Spektor, The New Moon Soundtrack, and pink dish gloves make doing the dishes a lot more fun! Thanks to my Mother in Law for all of those things!
- Max has talked in his sleep two or three times, most recently tonight, so cute.
- I cut Jared's hair the other night. My husband has so much hair, it is crazy. I love it, it's really hard to mess up cutting it, unless you leave the attachment off the clippers (just did that once though!)
- I keep hearing "oh man!" and "come ON!" coming from downstairs, the Lakers are on, and they're playing the Celtics.
Ok, enough thoughts! I'll get that post up this weekend, I promise!
11 comments:
You are sooo cute Emily! Its so fun to read all these thoughts :)
I totally want to get the New Moon soundtrack. I really liked the music!
Max was talking in his sleep? That is adorable!
Love random thoughts.
Shhh, don't gush about your warm weather, I might show up at your doorstep. I don't want to be frozen anymore.
Max talking in his sleep is about one of the cutest things I've heard in a while.
Anthropologie....sigh. It just sucks me in and I start justifying outrageous prices for the most adorable things.
I like this snapshot of your life.
Sorry on the broken eggs....Baby J toppled the trash the other day.
In the same vein as the haircut, did Jared keep his beard after the Golden Age theater expedition, or ditch it??
I'm so so so jealous that it feels like May where you are. We are having a hard time getting through the end of winter. Why is February always so dreary??
Great thoughts!! Haha, the first one was hilarious!! I would've been surprised at "John," too, I think. (Tron! LOL! That would be awesome.) Anyway, I'm so excited for our mutual birthdays next week!! Can you believe it's been a whole year?!!
I'm glad you posted about that bath mat, Ben wants to redecorate the bathroom really bad, and I thought about a white cotton bathmat, but with my kids and their black feet coming off the playground, I remembered it's a bad idea!
You wear pink gloves while you do dishes? That might help me too.
And can I come live with you until April? I don't think I'd ever forget it's winter. I miss living in an always warm place.
The Lakers lost. Life is sad.
Em: the Beard is gone but a 5 o'clock shadow is back. I wouldn't rule out the beard from making a comeback, however. Depends on it gets enough popular demand or not.
I loved reading all these thoughts. The first bathroom rug I bought when we got married was white. BIG mistake! The second try I wised up and went with dark brown. I love your great attitude about the egg mess. You are so positive! But living somewhere that feels like summer all the time will do that to you! ;) Jk. I am jealous though. Haha. And I also cannot seem to get into the Olympics this time. I don't know why. I never remember to watch it. Maybe I'm just distracted by The Bachelor, LOST and American Idol...
Oh and I wish I could convince Klane to let me cut his hair! You're lucky Jared lets you do his. So fun and saves money too! :)
It's funny...we actually went to the post office for a field trip with Jack's preschool. The mail system IS fascinating! The back room was actually really cluttered and kind of dirty, but their system is pretty exact. The mail guy doing the tour knew every street in the entire city!
I love that you are willing to share your thoughts. It's great to see what small and simple things make us happy.
Post a Comment