Sunday, February 21, 2010

Max, months 10 &11

It's been a crazy weekend. Max was pretty grumpy on Friday and I figured it was teething. Saturday he just wanted to sleep and cuddle most of the day, he had a fever. Today he was acting happier but his fever still hadn't gone down. By the afternoon I called the Doc and they said that because he's had an ongoing runny nose and cough and now fever to bring him in, turns out he has an ear infection :(. Just the right ear though. Thankfully he's still eating and sleeping ok. This is the sickest he's ever been. Poor litte guy! Hopefully he'll feel better within the next couple days with the medication. Enjoy this enormous post!

I better get this down before Max turns ONE next week!!

Fun things about Max between 9-11months:
- He can drink from a sippy, suck out the water, although he still needs help tilting it up. He drinks from cups and water bottles when we hold them.

- cruises very well and walks with his walker toy.
- goes up stairs, but still tries to sit back sometimes (which scares mama!). We'll work on going down!

- loves to take things out of a container and then put them back in, toys in a bin, cheerios in a bowl or cup. produce in the fridge doors, he loves the fridge!

- He loves to play with the water dripping from the bath spout, I turn it to a trickle for him. Also is fascinated by the drain and the water going down it.
- He can reach higher things and wants to climb over things but sometimes will end up smashing his face or he'll catch himself with his hands and get stuck. He tried to climb into the bathtub one night and ended up smashing his face on the bottom and got a bloody nose :(.
- Loves his Fisher Price Little People Farmer and Little People book "On the Farm". They are kind of like his comfort toys. He doesn't like blankies or stuffed animals as much.

- He loves to shake things that make noise, rattles, baby food jars with a coin in them . . .etc. He'll always test out new toys to see if they make noise when he shakes them.

- Everything still goes in the mouth.

- He has gotten two new teeth in the last month, he had the front four by 9 months, but now has another on the bottom left and top left.
- He will eat anything once you get it into his mouth but it's hard to get him seated in his high chair and interested in his food, he would rather be crawling around or playing with toys.

- He feeds himself very well, cheerios, crackers, pieces of cheese . . .etc.
- When he's pulled himself up to a table and grabs a toy sometimes he'll hold a toy in both hands and stand by himself for a few seconds! No steps yet.
- He's getting more cuddly, especially when he's tired, kisses on his face make him laugh but he will push my face away when he wants to be done.
- He loves me to hold him around the house and still nurses 4-5 times a day I'd say. We'll figure this weaning thing out once he hits one.
- He comes and stands up against our legs, holding onto our pants when he wants to be picked up, so cute!

- He has more hair, I think he has his daddy's hair and eyelashes, though he's looking more like my baby pictures lately. Jared wants to cut his hair, I say no!
- He has the sweetest smile and cutest laugh, very ticklish. I like to tickle him on his legs.
- He likes to bounce when he hears music, I am just so happy about this one, I am the same way!
- He also likes to bounce when he's holding onto something that wiggles. Sometimes I hear squeaking on the monitor and will go up to his room and he's holding on to the side of his crib and bouncing the mattress, then I come in and he just starts laughing.
- He has a pretty large "vocabulary" but most recently he's been saying "whoa!", "dis" and "yugo yugo yugo"
- Still loves to be outside and explore, loves to watch and follow the older kids.
(i'm sure this won't be the last time!)

- Still napping twice a day, 6-6 at bedtime but up once or sometimes twice at night. Often though, he'll sleep a stretch from 6pm-5am with a quick snack and back to bed till 6 or even 7am!
enough pictures mom!

He just has so much personality these days. He's just his own little person with his own little character. Can't believe he's almost ONE! We love our little Max-man!

and a cute video . . .

11 comments:

M said...

He just looks adorable! I love the pictures and hearing how/what he's doing!

My little one loves the fridge, too, and also bashed his nose on the tub last week, to less-than-fun results. They must be on the same wavelength.

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

He is so cute! This little stage he is in is so much fun, and it just gets more fun from here on out!

Lisa said...

He's just the cutest little thing!! I wanna play with him.

Jean said...

Awww!! He's such an adorable, happy, BIG BOY!!! Wow, that first year really flies by, huh. I love the pics of him at the fridge! Haha!

pandorasbox said...

In regards to getting in trouble in the bathroom he takes after his dad. One of Jared's most proud moments as a toddler was when he filled the bathroom with bubbles everywhere, but before that he even drew all over the wallpaper in the kitchen...he was always a busy little guy!

Angie said...

I want to eat your baby. He is so freaking cute, I am having a cuteness overload.

And I love that you're such a happy mother. I like that you don't get mad when he unrolls the toilet paper roll or empties the fridge. You grab the camera and catch the cutest moments! I love that. I want to be a mom like you. You're really appreciating raising him, every little moment, and you'll be so glad later on that you took the time to enjoy everything.

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

he is so cute. Thanks for sharing all the fun things he is doing. I LOVE the Paul Frank pj's.

Headle said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

I also love the scene of him pulling things out of the fridge! Angie's comment was sooo sweet and so true! I love how you just roll with the surprises he brings and laugh! You are a sweetheart!

Stephanie said...

What a grown-up young man. He is so cute! I love looking at his smiling face.

Sarah said...

omg, i loooove it!! the fridge pics, i have some nearly identical of elijah!

Katie Cash Davis said...

He is so darling, Em--I can't believe he is one! I love the picture of him wanting to be picked up--what sweet little boy! Happy Birthday Max!