Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Holidays: pre-Christmas

Yep, I told you (err, myself) that I would get caught up on here! We went to Utah for Christmas this year to see the Wrights. Max had his first plane ride and actually did pretty great, even though that morning he'd woken up with his first runny nose ever! I didn't take a picture, I probably should have. One thing that really helped was that the other lady on our row on the plane was a grandma going to see her grandkids and really loved Max, she was even playing cars with him! I did all the things friends suggested, got a couple new toys he'd never seen, some new finger foods, and had him eating during take off. He fussed a little but not too bad, and hey it was only an hour and a half, I didn't even have to change his diaper.

We arrived at my parents home and of course the first thing we did was take Max out to see what he thought of the snow. Eh, not really interested, he'd rather watch the cars outside. I don't know why he's not wearing shoes, seriously though, he's such a warm body and never even complained about being cold.

The Sunday before Christmas we had a family dinner at my brother Joel's and his family's house in Cedar Hills. I honestly just wasn't getting any good pictures of the kiddos, or adults, not even candid shots, and just decided after a few to do some video. It was busy busy with all of Max's cousins. My cousin Karin was there too, which was so great b/c she has had two kids since the last time I saw her!
Cousin Scarlett in her Christmas dress, her mom made it. Isn't that collar to die for?

Great Grandma Savage

and the video:



sorry for the fuzziness, we didn't bring our "real" video camera, just the point and shoot, or "snappy" camera as I call it.

1 comment:

Sarah Roberts said...

Max looks so much like you Em!!! I love it!