Sunday, January 24, 2010

Favorite Food Blogs

I like to cook yummy things, even if they may take time. It's nice that Max goes to bed at 6pm because I have time to make a thought out dinner and usually I get to enjoy it with my husband. I've been really good at meal planning lately too. You know, looking to see what we have that needs to be used, finding recipes, grocery shopping for needed ingredients, planning the meals out in which order I should cook them, using the store advertisements to get a good deal . . .etc.

I use many food sites, as well as some of my favorite cook books, to find recipes. Here are some of my favorite food blogs:

Delightful Delicacies

Mrs. Harding Cooks
Just Cook Already


I used Just Cook Already for my latest meal plan, tonight we had the Lettuce Wraps and they were delish! You'd think they'd be complicated but nope, really easy, and I had most of the ingredients on hand! They'd be especially tasty on a hot summer night.

Just thought I'd share, so what are your favorite food blogs?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Mmmm, I could use me some lettuce wraps now :)

When I cook (which I haven't been for the last year because I have a dad that likes to cook), I am all for meal planning. I can't just "throw something together." That's not how I roll, man. If I have to do that, we'll have spaghetti or burritos, or eat out. So I plan ahead, and I love it!

pandorasbox said...

Those lettuce wraps sound yummo!

Liz Johnson said...

I love Annie's Eats, The Pioneer Woman Cooks, and My Kitchen Cafe!

You might have already seen that I'm addicted to food blogs as well. :)

Headle said...

I love it when my friends share their favorite food blogs. There are so many, its hard to weed out the good ones.

Lettuce wraps do sound so good! I definitely get into a routine sometimes, where I feel like I'm cooking the same things over and over. So, I really appreciate reading some fresh ideas!! THANKS! :)

Angie said...

I was all set to tell you my favorite food blogs and then Liz stole my ideas! Mine were Annie's Eats and My Kitchen Cafe. I also like Joy the Baker for baked treats and such. Smitten Kitchen is great and has beautiful photography but sometimes uses expensive or rare ingredients, which I'm not a fan of. Keep it simple! Thanks for featuring mine! (I should probably post more often now that I know someone is actually checking it!)

Megan said...

The thing that caught my eye about this blog post is that Max goes to bed at 6. Wow. What time does he get up? Your cooking skills impress me. I should probably invest some more time in this area. I don't really know of any cooking blogs (craft blogs yes cooking no) but I just got two new cookbooks. One is cooking with food storage (thought I should know) and the other is a Worldwide Ward Cookbook. I really like this cookbook so far cause it has all those easy Mormon dishes that are yummy. Keep up the good work.