Friday, January 1, 2010

A Decade!

I'm so behind, I have so much cute video (Max dancing!) and photos from the holidays to post. But on this New Years Day I've been reflecting on what a great decade it's been for me, probably the most significant one of my life!

2000 - Turned 16 years old, got my driver's license!
(this is on my h.s. graduation day, behind me is my first car)

2001 - Ok, nothing huge but I was a Junior/Senior in high school, had the greatest group of friends ever, worked at 7-Peaks water park, dancing every spare moment.

2002 - Turned 18, graduated from High School, moved out of my parents home and started college at BYU!
(at a BYU game with Freshman buds!)

2003 - Met Jared White, fell in love!
(a few weeks before Jared proposed)

2004 - Got engaged, Got married to the love of my life.

2005 - Turned 21, became an "adult"
2006 - Graduated from BYU with a BA in Dance Education. Got my first full-time job at a Jr. high in Salt Lake City, where I'd teach for two years.

2007 - More Teaching, Commuting, Choreographing, supporting my MA student/actor hubby.

2008 - Found out I was pregnant with a baby boy! Moved to Southern California after living in Provo, Utah for 24 years!

2009
- Gave birth to the sweetest little baby, discovered motherhood!


2010
- ????? (So far we've hung out at Doheny Beach watching Jess surf, looks like it's going to be a great year!)

Happy New Year Everyone!

8 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

that is so cool- what a great idea to wrap up the old year/decade!!! It is crazy that much happened in 10 years!!!

pandorasbox said...

So glad you are part of our family...we love you and Max very, very much!!!

Megan said...

I totally want to do this on my blog too! I was at a BYU Freshman ward today and it made me think of our freshman ward. Good times for sure. What an amazing decade.

Stephanie said...

I love your countdown. So many good memories!

Jessie said...

What a great decade. I love this idea for a post.

Jamie said...

That's cool...I was married in 2000 so you're making me feel really old! Love your idea though!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

What a sweet post, Em! I totally want to copy this idea and do it on my blog! I loved looking at your history from the past decade. I still love your maternity pics by the way.. they are so sweet and you look gorgeous! I hope this next decade brings you as much joy and happiness as the last!

Bedkes said...

I love how you reflected on this last decade. Sounds like it was amazing!