Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Puerto Rico

Last month Jared took a 5 day trip to Puerto Rico. The longest we've ever been apart was when Jared went to Spain for 6 weeks, I was actually able to go for the first 10 days. So you'd think after 6 weeks, the 5 days in Puerto Rico would seem short, but I don't care if it is just one night, it's still too long for me! It doesn't get any easier being apart from your best friend. But we were excited that Jared was accepted to be on a discussion panel at a conference there.

He was leaving on a Wednesday and the day before we thought his flight left at 6pm so we were going to just go to bed and then do laundry and pack Wednesday morning. I went to bed at 11pm and Jared still had some stuff to do, then at 11:30pm he came in and told me his flight left at 6 AM. He was flying out of LAX so he had to leave at about 3am. He packed quickly and tried to get some sleep. In the rush we forgot a phone charger, but luckily his phone lasted until the day before he came home. Jared actually had a connecting flight from LAX to Miami and Drew Barrymore as well as Justin Long ("Hi I'm a Mac") were in his plane! Besides the conference Jared saw some cool forts on the ocean. Here are some online photos.

Max and I stayed busy. Really, we only came home for naps and then we were out of the house as much as possible. All my friends were really great and checked in on me. We went to the playground a lot, to our community play group, church music group and church play group. We did some Christmas shopping and Aunt Meri (Jared's younger sis) even came and spent an afternoon with us and helped me get Max ready for bed. We had Sunday dinner at the White's. We're so thankful for the internet because while Jared was gone, Max started crawling and I was able to get the video up on the blog for him to see.

2 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

it stinks being a part....

Stephanie said...

Wow, Puerto Rico. That is really neat!