This has been a crazy week. They're re-doing our roof and the workers, though friendly, don't seem to know about nap time. Needless to say it has been pretty loud. Yesterday it got so loud that Max was actually scared. He just wanted me to hold him and wouldn't let me put him down for a couple hours. He even just layed on me and let me rock him for a few minutes, he hasn't done this since he was tiny, it was sweet. I don't mind the cute cuddles of course, but it is just hard to do anything or even get ready to go out the door. Finally when the ladder was removed from our porch I dashed outside to the car (no makeup) and drove to the beach, Max was a little grumpy from missing his 2nd nap but he always is happy at the beach, it is so cute. Especially now that he is crawling, he chases seagulls and of course manages to get a few handfuls of sand in his mouth. Actually, in the past few days the following things may or may not have gone into Max's mouth:- Sand
- Vanilla Brown Sugar Body Wash
- Rust flakes that tend to accumulate under our sink (one of the downfalls of CA living)
- 3 French Fries from In-n-Out (am I a horrible mother?)
- Dirt from the gym floor at church ("licked the floor" was how Jared put it)
- bunny poops on the playground (they live in the bushes near by, but I really think I got them out of his hand in time, thank goodness)
- my flip flop (that I used to smash a spider with earlier that day)
Now that Max is crawling I'm really starting to see the little boy in him. Loves the dirt, loves to explore, but he still looks behind his shoulder to make sure I'm close by before he goes too far.
I really hope to do a post on Thanksgiving and an official 9 month update, hopefully this week!
P.S. Sorry for the lack of comments from me on all your blogs my friends, I'm still reading!
10 comments:
OH I sure love his little chubby belly and legs! How lucky to be so close to the beach!
Man, what a pain to have construction with a baby. That would be really frustrating.
You don't know what Jonathan managed to eat today. Let's just say it's the worst thing you can think of. EWWWWWWWWWWW.
Cute little boy. I hope they leave my roof alone! I have seen them working on it across the street and I can hear it well. I can only imagine what it is like when it is your own building.
I was thinking about the beach the other day and thought it would be fun but knew it might be too cold because Ethan would want in the water.
look at him with his rolls! so so cute. that list of things he ate was so funny. you're a good mom to not freak out when that happens. :)
he's getting hair emily!
He is just so cute. I really like your family picture. Who took it? Karl said they are doing our roof this month.
He is so stinkin' cute! :)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE his chub! He just looks like the most cuddly little boy! Oh and of course I had to laugh at the list of items that he has put into his mouth..haha! I hope the construction is over soon...what a headache ugh.
Oh max just gets cuter and cuter! I thought that crawling was busy...just wait till this little guy is walking. It is awsome and terrible all at the same time. I love you guys!
So fun to just be able to go to the beach to make things better IN DECEMBER!
Post a Comment