Monday, October 12, 2009

7 month update!

It is that time again! Max turned 7 months at the end of September. I'm just LOVING this stage. But I say that about every stage, I think you just have to enjoy the moment you're in, even the challenging ones so when they're all grown up you can look back and say you really ate up every minute you could, there is something wonderful about every stage in life. This post is LONG and is more for documentation purposes. If you just look through the pictures and video, I understand, but if you want to, have fun reading about what he's up to as well.
- Max has been sitting for a while now and can now kind of play on his own and entertain himself for a few minutes. He can also now sit up in the grocery cart!
-He can go from sitting to his tummy, not quite seamlessly, but he can do it. He can scoot around a little bit on his bum while he's reaching for toys, and can scoot himself backwards while on his tummy.-Sometimes he'll put his bum in the air and push forward off his toes to reach for toys, and just yesterday he started lifting his tummy of the ground a little bit. Jared sometimes will bend his knees underneath him and get him into the crawling position, I'm in no hurry for the crawling, but it's a fun game that Jared and Max play.
-If I stand him up on the coffee table he can kind of support him self for a minute or so. keep my had there just in case.
- He has been eating solids 2 times a day, sometimes 3. Sometimes he eats a lot, some times not so much. He really isn't a picky eater, it's all in the timing. He rarely spits anything out. I think his favorites are applesauce and sweet potatoes. The other night he didn't really want to eat anything and according Max's Dr.'s chart white meat is next on the list of foods for him so I gave him a few tiny pieces of turkey and he ate them right up!
-He also hit 22lbs and is now riding in his big boy carseat, still rear facing, but he's out grown his infant seat already! Not for height yet, but for weight. He also has a little wooden high chair that I really like for him.
- He's done with the Bumbo, I really loved it though. We got it around 3 months. It worked well for Max. At about 3 months he started HATING being on his back. I still see babies that are his age now laying in their mom's laps at church while they play with their feet, or laying in their infant seats at church, but Max would not really do those things anymore once he hit 3 months. The Bumbo was the only thing that would allow me to take a shower somedays! He never really cared for his swing either, just the occaisional bed for a nap.
- Max slept swaddled till he was 5 months, but now is all over the crib! He prefers his tummy now. Of course I was worried because of SIDS but Doc says once they can roll all over their going to choose their own sleeping position and the risk drops dramatically.
- At the beginning of September he started developing a rash on his back. I finally was able to show it to the nurse practitioner who said it is eczema and to put Cetaphil cream on it after his baths, it seems to be fading. We didn't need a perscription cream so that is good, seems to be pretty mild.
-He talks alot, especially in the mornings when he's up for the day (he's always so cheerful at this time and it makes 7am not seem so early for me) His words; da-da, mum-mum, a-guu, blab-blab . . etc. The other day Jared came home said "HI!" to Max and I promise Max said "hiiiiiii, hiiiiiiiiiii" right back to him! Then on Friday we were getting ready to go to the beach for playgroup and I told him "we're going to the beach!" and he said "geesh!" (sounds like beach right?).
-He's also started to give "kisses", well sort of, when we're cuddling or just playing he'll put both hands on either side of my face and then open his mouth and bite the end of my chin! It doesn't hurt (no teeth still btw) just lots of slobber, it is so funny though! Ive been kissing him since the moment he was born so I guess he's figuring out how it goes!
- He is a lot more aware of what is around him. He squishes the bumper in his crib, and unraveled one of the ties the other day. I probably will need to take it off soon but his legs and arms get caught in the rails! He tries to reach for my shampoo in the tub, touches the bubbles in the water . . .just more aware of what's all in his little world.
- He loves the tags on things. Some of his soft toys he'll reach for just to put the tag in his mouth. Or he'll be sitting with the Boppy behind him and have all these toys in front of him, but will turn around just to eat the tag on the Boppy.
-He's also getting better with his hands, it seems every day there is something new. He can hold two toys at once, has a better aim when he wants to pick something up, and can pass a toy from one had to the other.
-Max loves to hold things, really he is happiest with something in his hand. I can't get through a diaper change without handing him something. He especially loves things that make noise, he can even shake his rattles and plastic links better these days. He also loves things that make a crinckling sound, like wrappers. Of course everything goes right into his mouth, we really have to try our best to keep the sand out of reach at the beach!

-He's not into water bottles and juice containers as much as he used to be, but still everything is more interesting that is not a toy, like kitchen utensils and tupperware. He has a few board books that are falling apart from being chewed and slobbered on, I need to put some of them away so they'll last a bit longer!
-He really likes to watch other kids play and I love it. I think he really wants to run around with the big kids. Sunday in Relief Society he was sitting next to his friend Gordon and they were "playing" together. They are just 6 weeks apart. It was cute to watch them reach for each other's toys and shoes, and just look at each other.
-Another big thing that has happened in the last month is that we've gotten Max on a sleep schedule, I think I'll save the details for another post. I'm also learning how to sleep again. Just because your baby is sleeping better doesn't necessarily mean the mom is sleeping better! I'm still trying to remember how to get a good nights rest, it's coming.
- Max enjoyed his 2nd general conference of his life a couple weeks ago.
-Basically Max is a happy baby, he loves to laugh, he loves his mom and dad, and we sure love being his parents. I don't know how we ever got along without this guy, he makes us so happy!

- Enjoy some VIDEO! the last one is my favorite.

1 - with dad at Balboa (sorry about the fuzziness, and sideways, but still cute)
2 - just woke up from a nap
3 - getting ready for a bath
4 - playing in the water

17 comments:

Mallory said...

I just want to squeeze his chubby little rolls! I love him trying to grab the water; so, so cute. I can't get over how much of a little man he looks like, just so handsome!

shaunie said...

I like the bath video! His reaction to the water is fun to watch. I can't wait for Gordon to be able to sit up in the tub.

I hear you on the good night's sleep bit. I can count on one hand the nights I've gotten a 7 hour block of sleep in the last 2 years. I figure when all my kids are through waking up at night, I'll finally be able to get that consistent sleep again!

Jean said...

What a great post!! I love all the updates!! Seven months already? Max is so awesome. What a great little guy. That picture of him in the crib... oh my goodness, I just want to squish his little legs!!!

pandorasbox said...

very cute!!! You are so good about keeping track of everything...It is fun to watch him grow and develop...I love playing with him...He is definitely a white...they love the water!

Stephanie said...

What a darling boy! He is growing so quick. I'm impressed with how much you keep track of. What a good mom!

jenniferhoiyin said...

i love all these little updates, he's so adorable! i love watching him trying to grab at the falling water, so cute!

Sarah Roberts said...

he is so cute!!!

Lisa said...

Oh my GOSH he's so cute!!! I feel like I say the same thing every time, but it's just so TRUE!!!!

I know, after Jonathan was 2 months old (and thusly sleeping through the night), I've always wanted him to stay at whatever age he's been in. There are good and bad things about every stage... and then they're over so fast!! I'm glad you're enjoying every stage :)

Angie said...

I want to squeeze him. He is such a little stud! (Can babies be studs? Max definitely is.) He looks like a he's gonna grow up to be a football player. I loved watching the videos of those sweet moments you get to enjoy every day as a mom. I am so excited for that! (When i finally get there....)

Chase White said...

Max was really studying the water's acceleration, trying to plot out by hand grips how many seconds there were between each droplet interval... Ha no he wasn't but that was cute!

Gaskin Girl said...

Oh, SOO sweet! As I read about Max, it makes me think about Olivia, who turns 7 months in just a week. Oh, how the time flies! I love all the pics! I can see your beauty in his cute face! :) Keep up the good work -- you're a fantastic mommy! Oh, and if you're looking for a good sleep book, pick up "Solve your child's sleep problems" by Richard Ferber. My favorite.

Unknown said...

What a small world! That's so funny I can't even believe it! And your kids are so close! They could be palsies palsies!

She is a super stellar dancer too! Just like you!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Wow! He is a big boy! Ethan is a little more than 1.5 years older than him and only weighs like 5 pounds more! Have I already told you this? I forget. He is so cute and is getting so big! I think he still looks just like his beautiful momma!

Jessie said...

What a great update! He's growing up so fast!

Rivera Family said...

Holy Cow, I love his chubby cheeks and legs. He is just adorable!! You look great!

Rachel said...

He is so cute and chubby! I can't believe how quickly he's growing!

Whitney said...

Wow! He is so cute! I have been so bad at reading blogs, and yours is always the best! SO much detail! Love you and love that max! Give his a big kiss for me!