Bedtime was especially exciting, this was the first night and I wasn't sure how cold it would get, I actually put Max in a sleep sack, which I'd never done here in So Cal, and put a hat over his ears. He looked like his little glow worm!
Sleeping arrangements in the camper were all part of the adventure! Jared and I slept on that bed he's on, it was the table turned into a bed, I actually found it quite comfy, but I'm not 6'3"!
and what's Yellowstone without a few buffalo? This cute little family crossed the road right in front of us.It was a fun adventure. We definitely won't be taking any long car trips for while, but Max was a trooper and he made the trip exciting for all. Maybe he'll even remember it, and if not, we'll have the pictures! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa White!
A memorable moment:
The picture at the top with Jared and Max was taken at place called "Artist's Point" it was absolutely beautiful with the waterfall, and yellow canyon, just like a painting. We sat down in some shade to take a break, Jared, Max and I, and this maybe-15-yea- old boy was just staring at us. Often people will look at Max and smile and say hi to him but this kid was just staring. I turned my head and smiled back at him but he didn't really acknowledge me. A few minutes later he was gone, but as we were leaving he returned with his mother, she approached us, was really sweet and said "my son thinks your baby is ADORABLE! He came and found me and said 'mom you've got to see this adorable baby!'" It was pretty cute. Later we introduced him to Max and he shook his hand. He was a sweet boy.
Just for my memory's sake:
I hadn't been to Yellowstone since I was about 5, before my little sister Annie was even born. I remembered a few things, Buffalo crossing he street in front of our car. My dad cooking on the Coleman. Sleeping in a cabin. My Brother Joel and my sister Becky whipping their Mosquito bites with a wet washcloth. Waiting for what seemed like FOREVER for Old Faithful, and getting lost from our campground with my brother Paul who was very brave and took care of his little sister and found our way back. It was interesting being back there now, 20 years later, as we walked through West Yellowstone by the gift shops I suddenly remembered that I'd been there before, and that when I was 5 my mom had taken me to a gift shop there and let me pick out a souvenir, I got an Indian doll with a little papoose. Then we were using a bathroom next to some cabins and I honestly remembered the bathroom, the cabins next to it must've been the cabins we stayed in as a girl. Also, as we walked on the boardwalk by the geysers and hot springs I remembered that I'd also done that before as a girl, I remember it seeming like a very long walk as a kid. Fun to have those flashbacks!
8 comments:
how fun guys!!!
Wow, you are a rock star!! Taking a baby on a long road trip AND sleeping in a camper with a bunch of other people. Props, mad props :) Looks like you had fun! And Max is as cute as ever :)
you are so good about blogging. It was fun to see the pictures and your fun captions. We had a great time and made some fun memories. The last time I had been at Yellowstone I was 10 years old and we did it in a tent and it rained and I left the window openings open and when we came back to the tent that night we found our sleeping bags soaked...I remember my mom and dad being so mad at me as they had to take all the sleeping bags to a laundromat in West Yellostone just to dry them. It was a loong night for sure! I remember bears that time for sure!
That looks like it was a blast. Okay, I love the picture with Max and the glow worm. He is so cute. So funny!
You're so adventurous! We used to travel a LOT with Bee when she was little...not so much with Baby J.
I'm terribly jealous. :-)
Ha that picture where he is smiling and looking away that's cause of me! I got that on video!
Hey Emily, we just went to Yellowstone a month ago too! We loved it but I wish we could have seen more buffalo. My favorite place was Artist Point too. :) Check out our blog for pix!
Emily!!! What a FUN trip to Yellowstone!!!! Oh, I love seeing these pictures of all of you!! That story with the little boy and Max was so touching. That's so cute that he went and got his mom to meet Max. No doubt that baby Max leaves a wonderful impression with everyone he meets! :)
Post a Comment