(this deserves a long post with video, don't you think?)
Max turned 6 months on August 26th and had his checkup the next day.
Weight: 21lbs 10oz
Height: 26.5 inches
According to Babycenter.com he's 95th for weight and 50th for height. Doc says he's just off the charts for weight and height is just above average. . I like the saying he's growing out before he grows up! It's crazy how he gained 6 lbs between his 2 and 4 month check-ups but just 2lbs between is 4 and 6 month check-ups, and just 3/4".
Milestones:
- He is sitting up unassisted (see above)! Although I still put a pillow behind him because he occasionally falls backwards. He started doing it the other day when we were sitting on the grass and watching the cars go by (he's fascinated by them)
- He rolls over both ways and now sleeps on his tummy or side most of the night.
- He is eating some solids! Rice Cereal, Oatmeal, Sweet Potatoes and Squash so far. The past couple days he's been better about not grabbing the spoon. although I always keep a second one on hand. We also got him a little high chair that I just love.
- He JUST started saying "da-da" on Monday. Sunday night he was moving his mouth like he was going to say it but with no sound, then Monday it just came out and he's been babbling it every since. Before he would just make loud longs sounds and the occasional raspberry or "ah-guu". It's so fun to watch him figure out how to use his little tongue and lips to make sounds.
Other things I love about 6 month MAX:
-His little hands, whenever he's touching something that he can't pick up he always opens and closes his fingers really fast and scratches it with his fingernails.
- He loves COLD things like soda cans and water bottles. He'd rather play with these than his toys.
- His cute laugh when I tickle his ribs and sometimes his armpits.
- When he wakes up and I go in there he smiles when he hears my voice, even before he sees me.
- When i pick him up in the morning sometimes he puts his head on my shoulder, a morning hug.
- When I'm playing with him on our bed he loves to look out the window and see the leaves on the trees, he loves watching them blow in the breeze. When I lift him up, he'll arch his head just to see them.
- One more cute thing. Last Monday August 24th, I was trying to get him to bed, it was taking longer than usual, and I was trying to rock him on my shoulder, he kept wanting to switch shoulders and was very squirmy but was just kind of talking softly to me, then he opened his mouth wide and put it right on my face! A big wet slobbery kiss for mama! he just sat there with his mouth on my face, and then giggled softly to himself, curled up in my arms, and went to sleep. He just wanted to give me a good-night kiss :).
"da da" and "bless this mess"
10 comments:
what a happy baby!!!! so cute!!!
Such an intelligent, advanced boy!! ;-) I can't WAIT for baby J to sit up. Max is doing great, looks like.
what a cute post...I love the talking!! He is a Speech path's normally developing dream a real bonafide talker!
So so cute... Violet is sitting on my lap while I ignore her and read the internet, and when I watched the video of Max talking she sat up, leaned forward and started talking back to him! They are such good buddies!
That's a great picture of max stuck in the bumbo.
Oh, what a CUTIE!! He's so grown up; can't believe it! What a cute family you have. :)
Emily...he is so adorable! That smile probably melts your heart everyday! How cute! Tyson was saying da da around that age and before you knew it, was speaking in full sentences by 1 and 1/2 (can't say the same for my other two). CHUBBY babies are the best!!!
Oh Emily, he is a cutie! I loved the eating video. I am glad you like the bib - we still use ours every meal. It is fun to catch up with your family. Hope you are all doing well!
Oh, what a cute big baby! He's so smiley and those chubby rolls are adorable.
what a darling little boy! What fun it is to go to the doctors and see how much they grow. He sounds like he is able to do so much, that's great.
Post a Comment