Saturday, August 22, 2009

Summer Trip to Utah

We headed up to Utah to see the Wright's and 9 out of 10 of Max's cousins during the week of the 24th of July (Pioneer Day in Utah). These pictures are in backwards order of when they were taken, but oh well!

Just before leaving back home I took this picture of "my" mountain, they view from my parent's house.
Max with his Grandma and Grandpa Wright.
Catching up on some Tetris the night before we left, with Uncle J.J.
We visited my Grandma Wright, Max's Great-Grandma. She lives in Salem. Max is her 100th decendent! She is 94 years old, her mom lived to be 102! Just before we left she asked to hold Max one more time. She took him in her room and rocked him in her mother's rocking chair, it was so sweet.
4 generations! I got one without my dad's head cut off but I liked this one because this is the smile my grandma would always give me when I came over as a girl.
On Pioneer Day we went up to my other Grandma's Cabin in American Fork Canyon, I absolutely love it up there. I miss spending time there in the summers.
At the cabin with cute 7 year old cousins Julia and Courtney.
2 year old Eliza wanted to wear her BYU cheer outfit that day, she kept saying "B-Y-U!" but if I said "GO COUGARS!" she'd look at me funny, she's at such a cute stage.
Max looking at the leaves blowing. Love those cheeks and eyelashes.

some more family shots on my parent's porch.

The whole week Max slept in the same crib that me and my 6 siblings slept in as babies.
Taking a bath, he rolled from back to tummy for the first time while getting ready for his bath on July 23rd!

Hanging out at my sisters in Orem . . .
playing with more cousin's at my brothers house in Cedar Hills.
Charles and Max with the same smile!
I had a blast seeing my bestest dancing buddy Stephanie and her sweet new baby Garrett!
Our babies, doesn't Garrett have awesome hair?
Our first night in Provo we went up to Sundance with my parent's and sister's family for FHE, this is something we used to do when I was a kid quite frequently in the summers and autumns, we'd always end the night with a sucker from the store up there. I got root beer flavored, yum!

Bridge at Sundance
a kiss from cousin Eliza she was so excited to see "baby Mak"
no, we didn't let our 5 month old drink Pepsi, but on a long car ride you have to get creative with the entertainment, and he'd rather have this than any of his toys!

It was such a fun trip and I got to see so many friends and family. Kris and Em if you see this I forgot to snap a picture of us! Next time! We love visiting Utah!

P.S. you can still VOTE FOR MAX, see below!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Man, every time I look at your blog, I think the same thing--Max is such a CUTIE!!!

Looks like a fun trip. And you're a hottie, by the way! I love the family pics.

Mallory said...

I agree with Lisa--I feel like every time I get on here I just say the same things over and over about how cute Max is, but I don't think you'll get sick of that :)

How DO you get your hair to curl like that? You have a gift, I tell you.

Jean said...

What a great trip!! I LOVE that Max keeps getting cuter and cuter. I just want to cuddle that squishiness!!

Heather said...

What a fun trip. There are lots of memories to look back on. I'm glad you were able to go to Utah and see your family. It's nice to be able to go back "home" to see family and friends.

M said...

He just gets cuter....he looks like he's a flirt. Is he? :-)

rantipoler said...

You guys are great. Max looks like such a happy baby and I love the picture of him and his great-grandma. :)

Tyler - Danielle - Emree said...

It is definitely a small world! Chase and Jackie are my cousins. My dad and their mom are brother and sister. I am excited about friday. Sorry I have been such a space cadet. I am glad to here we are both dancers and it is so fun that Max and Emree are so so so close in age. Max is such a cutie...who wouldn't want to kiss those cheeks!