Friday, August 7, 2009

What a Fabulous 24 hours . . .

At the moment, Max is in bed and Jared is out for a little while so I have some time to myself. As I was cleaning up my mind was thinking in "blog post" mode so I thought I'd sit down and just type what was running through my brain. It really has been such a great 24 hours! Here is why:

-We went out for our Ann'y last night, my sweet friend Natalie babysat for us, everyone needs someone like Natalie as a friend, she is the sweetest. We went to Outback (crab legs, yum!) and Jared intentionally went to the one located just up the street from Balboa so afterwards we walked on the beach. It was so beautiful, the moon was full and reflecting on the water. Honestly, if you've never walked on the beach during a full moon with your sweetie pie then I will babysit so you can!

-SYTYCD finale was great, I'm glad Jeanine won, she totally deserved it. I know I didn't really praise her very much but all in all, she's a great winner. I think it is just harder for a girl to stand out.(I watched it after we got home).


- Max and I made it to ward playgroup at the pool. Oh how I love playgroup. I love seeing all the kiddies run around and talking with their amazing moms. I love how we talk about childbirth, breastfeeding, budgets, cooking, poopy diapers and all that other great stuff. Max also loved the pool again. He got splashed and squirted by the other kids, but he didn't even mind, I think he actually liked it!

- I got a sort of 10 minute nap.

- My hubband made Coconut Chicken Misala for dinner, it was deelish and I hope he makes it again soon!

- Shark Week is on this week. Sharks are my favorite animal. I'm just so intrigued by them and other large predators. Look forward to Shark Week every summer! Some of the survival stories are AMAZING. (Ok, this 8 year old boys arm was pulled from the sharks throat and re-attached and it is functional!)

- At the moment I'm watching Toddlers & Tiaras on TLC, this is the dumbest show ever, those poor little girls, but Shark Week is re showing episodes I already saw today and I just need background noise when I'm home alone.

- Wellllllllll, those are Em's thoughts for the night. I'll have to find a random picture from here on Jared's laptop to post because hey, what's a post without a pic?

perfect, me in my shark shirt that Jared found for me in the little boys section of Old Navy.

7 comments:

pandorasbox said...

We had crab legs and BBQ pork chops for our anniversary last night. Didn't get to walk on the beach though...It was neat to see Janine win SYTYCD she did a wonderful job and seems like a very gracious person. Well it is no wonder that Max loves water...he is a natural born merman all the white kids love water... We will have to keep our eyes out for another shark shirt. The Angel game was so sad they lost by 6 runs! AARGH!! We had to get up constantly as we were on the end row and all these people kept getting up to go to the bathroom, get food...
I swear one little girl kept having to go to the bathroom..it got almost comical because you would see 4 adults stand up in unison as her mother sheepish apologised one more time stumbling through the aisles...it reminded me of standing for the queen of England and her entourage.

Lisa said...

Toddlers and Tiaras? Oh my goodness. I don't know that I'd even use it as background noise. Although, if I was home alone? Yeah, I'd probably watch it. Doesn't it make you feel like a better mother to say, "I would NEVER do that!!"

And your date sounds divine. I have never walked on a beach with a full moon. :*(

Jean said...

What a fabulous 24 hours indeed!! What a great anniversary night out! Yay for that! Tim has been watching Discovery ALL week for Shark Week. He's obsessed. And we've actually watched Toddlers & Tiaras before -- it's disturbing, but you can't look away, kind of like a car accident. Anyway, I'm so pumped for the new season of SYTYCD!!

shaunie said...

I'm glad you guys got a night out for your anniversary. I must say, I'm VERY excited about beach walking...

I'm also excited to hear about your playgroup! The one in my ward fell apart about March, so an organized one will help structure my week and help me know people faster there. Yay!

On a random side note, how is the humidity there? Way more humid than UT, or not so much? I only ask because I'm chopping my hair off and if it's humid down there, then goodbye long, straight hair for me.

Carl and Amber said...

I totally agree...walking on the beach with the hubby is awesome! That is where Carl proposed, so I have fond memories there! And shark week....awesome:)!

Stephanie said...

Yeah for you to get a fabulous 24 hours. You deserve it. I hope you had a great anniversary-crazy 5 years. I was totally rooting for Jeanine all season. Happy to see she got it.

Carl and Amber said...

No way!!! We were at RG at the same time! I was there from spring 2003-Thanksgiving 2003. Carl and I married over Thanksgiving. I was in the same apartment with LeeElle Jex (Tullis now...she married John in RG) and Leanne Cox (now Custer...she married Josh from RG)!