Saturday, July 18, 2009

Almost a Day at the Beach . . .


The day before the 4th to me was just a regular day. We had some time so I said to Jared, "Let's go to the beach!". Max and I go on walks there quite often but we haven't been with Jared and we haven't packed a picnic and swimsuits and towels and spent an afternoon there. So we got all ready and headed over to Corona del Mar, a 10-15 minute drive usually, but this time it took over an hour!! What was I thinking? It was the beginning of the holiday weekend and it was packed trying to turn on to PCH, let alone find a parking spot. Max decided he didn't want to be in his car seat anymore about 20 minutes into the whole thing and was crying. Well, we decided we could just come back another day and found a little park just down the hill in between Corona del Mar and Balboa. It was perfect. Max really enjoyed the sunshine and breeze and finally being out of his carseat! He also could watch some other kids run around, which I think he really enjoyed. Finished the whole trip off with ice cream at Costco . . . perfect.
Doesn't that lip just make you so sad? It's tough when he cries in the car, there is nothing you can really do.

Love these little swim trunks, a gift from sweet Mallory L.!
We let him try out the swing, I only let go of him for the picture, but he loved sitting in it! We'll try actually swinging a little later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Oh my goodness! I love it too much. You are so sweet to remember what it is I gave you, first of all. Second of all, this makes me so happy! So cute.

Lisa said...

Man, HOW do you get pictures that cute? It's incredible :)

And I feel ya about the car thing. Always rough.

Heather said...

He's sure getting big! Sorry about your beach trip, I'm sure there will be many, many more while you live there :) (good trips I mean).

Rachel said...

He is sooo cute! I'm jealous you live so close to the beach! We drove to the Atlantic coast earlier this spring but it took probably 12 or more hours to get there! :(

rantipoler said...

Oh, such a sad little face!! :(