the month of Mayis a big one in my family!
Many many birthdays to celebrate -
7 to be exact! Since I won't be able to attend any of these amazing people's birthday parties this year, I thought I'd give them a shout out:
Grandma,
LaRae Savage - May 5th

My Grandma turned 80 this year! She is the most amazing grandmother you'll ever meet. She works at the temple every week and travels to another country probably about every other month. I believe she is getting ready to go to Portugal and Spain right now! She is such a wonderful Grandmother and has always done so much for her Grandchildren and Great-Grandchildren. Her family has always been her top priority. We love you Grandma!
Mom,
Carolyn - May 14th

My mom's birthday and Mother's Day have always been close together so I hope she feels extra loved around this time of year. I have to say I've learned to appreciate my mother a lot more now that I am a mother. She has been SO patient and loving with me. I wasn't the easiest daughter to raise I'm sure. She is remodeling her beautiful house right now and serves on the school board in Provo. If there are two things my mom is passionate about it is education and her seven children!
Sister-in-Law,
Jessica - May 16th

Jess lives in New York and just flew across the country 2 weeks ago for Max's blessing. She is such a great Auntie. She has also been such a wonderful friend to me since I joined the White family. Jared and I got engaged while she was a missionary and she immediately started writing me letters! She has such an eye for fashion and photography. For a couple great years I was working in Salt Lake while she lived there, I miss those times! Life is never dull when Jessica is around.
Big Brother,
Joel - May 18th

Joel is my oldest brother. I always thought everything he did was so cool growing up, so naturally I still do! He got married when I was twelve to his beautiful wife Marisa, He's been married for over half of my life! They have four adorable kids and Joel is a great dad. He is always smiling and positive. He has been, and still is, a wonderful older brother to his 6 younger siblings. I can still remember him driving around the Tracer jammin' to Paul Simon when he was in high school with his long hair!
Little sister,
Annie - May 20th

Anne is the only sibling who I can really remember being born, I was in Kindergarten. She's the youngest in our family and just finished her first year at BYU. I don't think any of us could imagine life without Anne, I mean, if Jonathan was the youngest that would just be weird. Anne is so beautiful, loving, smart and kind. I remember driving home from Salt Lake one day after a really bad dress rehearsal for a dance concert. I just felt like I'd been so hard on all my dancers and that basically they all hated me. I called Anne and I hadn't even told her about what was going on but she was just like "I love you Emily" and it was so good to hear that somebody still loved me and that I wasn't "the mean dance teacher" to everyone in my life. I love you too Annie!
Niece,
Scarlett - May 28th

Little Scarlett turns one this year. I stole this pic from my bro's facebook. She is the cutest little blue eyed blondie and looks so much like her mama. From what I can tell she is such a happy girl just like her older sister, Audrey. She has three older siblings who help take care of her. She is Max's cousin closest in age. When Scarlett was blessed I was just a few weeks pregnant and I remember feeling that she had been in Heaven with my baby just a few weeks earlier. I love being her Auntie.
Brother,
Brendan - May 29th

Brendan is the third child in our family and the second oldest brother. Growing up, Brendan was always the one who made us laugh. He would sing in the shower, make up silly songs, and always cheered me up. He and his lovely wife Shera have quite the romantic story of how they met. When they were dating and engaged my 15 year old friends and I loved hearing Brendan tell us the details of cute things he did for her and we'd dream of the day we'd meet a boy that nice! He has two adorable kids and he is a great dad! They moved back to Utah just a month before Jared and I left for California but I'm glad we lived close for those few weeks and now we get to see them when we visit.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!
I LOVE YOU!
4 comments:
WOW! This sounds like my family and May Birthday's. It's hard to be away from family.
Enjoy that little boy of yours!
Wow, that's a lot of birthdays!! Hooray for May!
It was SO GREAT to see you guys last night! I miss Max! (He probably doesn't miss me and the thunderstorms, though! Haha!) :-)
I enjoyed reading all the stories! Spring is a killer in regards to birthdays in our family!
Happy Birthday to all those fun related-to-the-White's people! How awesome! And especially to Joel, because his birthday is the same as mine! :)
Post a Comment