Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Max goes to Utah

We made the trek to Utah a couple weeks ago so Max could meet more of his fam and so Jared could walk for his MA at BYU. It was a fun trip. It was good to be back in Provo. I didn't realize how much I'd missed it, especially my mountains. I'm glad we got to see some of the pink and white blossoms too. I was extremely nervous to take my 7 week old baby on an 11 hour car ride. I didn't want to end up on a dark road in the middle of nowhere nursing him and I didn't know how he'd do in the car seat for that long. On the way there Max was great, I think it was because we split up the trip and drove only to St. George and then the rest of the way the next morning. We stopped at In-N-Out in Vegas to change his diaper real quick and an older couple was standing outside the restaurant and saw me throw the diaper away. I heard the man say "Oh I remember those days, changing the diaper in the back of the car!" it was funny. On the way back we drove the whole thing in one day, and yes, we did end up in the middle of nowhere, Zzyzzx Road to be exact, nursing him. But at least it wasn't dark! Here are some highlights:
Our Fam
My FamJared's parents

Graduation wore Max out! He was proud of his daddy!Max meets Great-Grandma Savage (who turns 80 today!)
My sister's cute kiddos sure love Max!
Cousin Scarlett, Max's cousin closest in age, she turns one this month
9 year old cousin Warren
Charles and Audrey. Charles was so cute and offered Max all of his toys.
Meeting Grandpa Wright!
Courtney, Charles and Audrey

P.S. Family, I will post more pics of the trip on Facebook

6 comments:

Tiff said...

You know, as kids, whenever we took the road from CA to UT every summer and we played the alphabet game, the goal was to get to X, Y & Z in time for Zzyzzx Road.

rantipoler said...

Ha! I love seeing the Zzyzzx road sign on the way to/from CA/UT. Congrats on graduation. Looks like a fun road trip. Sigh, I miss In N' Out.

hilary w said...

Wow...I'm amazed Max did so well on such a long car ride! That's amazing! What a good little boy. I bet is was so great to be back with your family!

Lisa said...

What fun pictures!! I'm impressed he did so well--we took a similar road trip when Jonathan was about that age, and it was awful :) Glad to see you all are doing well!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Way to go Max! I'm impressed by how well he did on such a long drive. It still makes me nervous to do that drive...and Jackson is how old?! :) I'm glad you were able to take him to meet some of your family. Oh, and congrats to Jared on walking at grauduation!

Jean said...

Your Utah trip rocks!! Great pictures! FYI, I'm sorry for not getting back sooner about Downtown Disney! I don't know if you're still free, but what about this Saturday? Let me know! We'd love to see you guys and meet Max!! My email is theandersons_2@hotmail.com. :-)