I also wanted to add that i chose this song because I used to listen to it before I was even pregnant while I was commuting to Salt Lake in the wee hours of the morning and imagine holding my babies in the hospital for the first time.
Monday, April 13, 2009
3 minutes of cuteness . . .
alright people, PLEASE don't give up on me! I have lots of faith that life returns back to a rhythm and routine after little ones enter the picture but that has not happened for me yet. I had my 6 week check up today and to be perfectly honest I shed a few tears on the way home thinking "ok, this was the milestone that meant life is all back to normal, but I still am just keeping my head above the water!" just keep swimming . . .just keep swimming . . . BUT I'm absolutely loving taking care of my baby, he is the sweetest little guy and I feel lucky to be his Mama. Here is a little slideshow of Max when he was 6 days old. I DO have video to upload, as promised, but that might not be until the next post! I'm still checking all your blogs even though I may not have a hand free to write a comment!
I also wanted to add that i chose this song because I used to listen to it before I was even pregnant while I was commuting to Salt Lake in the wee hours of the morning and imagine holding my babies in the hospital for the first time.
I also wanted to add that i chose this song because I used to listen to it before I was even pregnant while I was commuting to Salt Lake in the wee hours of the morning and imagine holding my babies in the hospital for the first time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Oh Emily, you're doing great!! I can tell you love Max so much and that's one of the most important things! Things will eventually get more "normal" but you have a baby now so it will be a new normal. Physically it took me a lot longer than 6 weeks to feel like myself again. I too felt that my 6 week appointment should mean a lot more than it did. Hang in there. Adjusting mentally, physically, and emotionally to being a mom is a big step!
Oh by the way I love the slide show!! What a sweet little tiny boy. I love that stage! Babies are so perfect.
I'm so happy for you Emily! Enjoy the free time you have now when Max is sleeping, you get a whole lot busier when they start walking/running everywhere! I remember Ethan's newborn stage, it was so easy in comparison to now! All they do is eat and sleep! Enjoy this precious time you have with a newborn, they don't stay that way for too long, but don't worry, every stage is a blast! :)
Emily, you're doing GREAT! It took me a lot longer than six weeks to feel "normal" again... and my whole perception of "normal" changed, too. I think it was 3 or 4 months (or even longer) before I felt like I could maybe possibly do this whole kid/mom thing. Just go at your own pace! You're doing great!!!
Those pictures are SO CUTE! You have one handsome guy!!!
how precious!
Oh, honey... once you're a Mommy, there's no such thing as normal anymore. And with baby #2, I prayed and prayed that the "6-week rumor of normalcy" would be true, and I got ransacked with PPD. So, don't worry. I don't get the TRUE swing of things for, oh gosh, like 6 MONTHS! ;) There are days I still wonder when it will be normal again with MALIA, and she's 3!
Ditto on things not getting back to "normal." I don't know how Jared's school schedule affects you guys, but (especially since both of us are in school) we have to get into a new "normal" every semester. Which means that about the time we have it all down and Bee has adjusted, we get a new one. And it's just fine...I think that one of the best things about being a mom is learning just how much you are capable of adapting.
The other things to remember is that the other new moms you see around and think they've got it so together....they're struggling just as much as you are, no matter how put-together they seem! For what that's worth...I'll be there again with you in a few weeks.
It will get easier when Max decides on a schedule, and that comes with time. Of course, I think what is "normal" changes altogether after you have a child.
How sweet!
I love all the comments people posted. I think 3.5 months is the true time it takes to settle into motherhood. But the great thing about that timeframe is that it isn't any longer than what you have already done!
Little Max is adorable! It is great that you have caught such wonderful pictures of him.
Emily, don't worry, I was NOT out of the newborn fog by 6 weeks either!! The only thing I was thinking at that time was how weird it was that my postnatal appointment was really the LAST pregnancy-related thing that I was doing, and that I was on my own now! I think it was like 2-3 months before I started to find a groove and feel more comfortable as a new mom. It pretty much coincided with Weston sleeping a little longer at night. It will come!! You're doing great!!! Little Maxwell is so lucky to have you!! He is SUCH a cutie patootie!!
Max is so, so precious. It's good to read what everyone has written because I can only imagine how hard it would be to feel "normal" again after becoming a mom. It seems like you are doing a fabulous job!
PS I loved your comment on my latest post. I laughed and felt normal becaus of it, haha. I love the Verizon commercial with, "OK, Seth." So funny to me. I always look forward to what you comment.
Normal...as in being a mother...motherhood is a lifetime of stages and changes...As I have found once a mother always a mother...even when your "kids" are adults you still worry about them...I wonder if there is really such a thing as normal?
Don't worry - life gets better. I know that it seems rough now, but you're probably doing better than you think. Good luck!
I feel for you Emily...the first few months are so rough, with so many conflicting emotions. You love this little person but it is so hard! When I had Graham everyone kept telling me just wait 6 weeks. I put too weight on that 6 week mark and was sorely disappointed when absolutely nothing changed! So with Graham it took a good 6 months (I realize that isn't comforting at this point...but hear me out) to feel like we had developed our own rhythm. I've decided that anything with MAJOR change in our lives takes that long to get adjusted. Like moving to Hong Kong...it took me a full 6 months of tears to finally feel like we were adjusted. Good luck! Max is darling. Motherhood surprised me....so much better than I ever anticipated and so much harder. The best things in life seem to be that way!
(okay sorry for the novel!)
two more weeks and i'm kissing those cheeks!
and of course playing rock band with jared, i didn't forget brother!
Post a Comment