Monday, February 16, 2009

Dear Baby,

I think we are ready for you to come now. I have loved being pregnant with you and will kind of miss it a little but I am so looking forward to seeing your cute face and holding you in my arms. You are such a blessing to our little family. I know your arrival will bring many changes but I am ready for them and I know I can handle them with Heavenly Father's help. We have cute clothes for you, two beds for you, a place to rock you and feed you, many wonderful blankets to wrap you in, diapers, a car seat, stroller and lots of love waiting for you here on the outside. I love feeling you move, you move so much the doctor was actually worried and monitored me (you) for an hour in the Labor and Delivery wing of the hospital the other day, but they decided you are fine, you just like to move! You also hiccup a lot too. Sometimes I feel your little feet or maybe they are your knees poking out, like today when I was exercising. I can kind of feel the bump of their shape and they are just so cute. Your dad asks me how I'm feeling quite frequently, he is very anxious to meet you too and we will take good care of you. We pray for you everyday as do many of your extended family members. Well, just so you know, we're ready when you are!

Love, Mom :)

15 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

I am so excited for you guys. I hope your labor & delivery go exactly how you want them to and that you get to meet this little guy soon!!!

pandorasbox said...

I was hoping he would hurry up like his Dad and not take his sweet old time like Uncle Chase and Jessica did.. But we will just have to wait and be patient...:-P

Jean said...

Awww, that is so sweet! Your little nugget is so lucky to have you guys for parents. C'mon baby! You can do it!

Mallory said...

Gorgeous picture. I cannot wait to see pictures of this guy! I hope all goes as smoothly as possible.

Mallory said...

PS I thought about your car losing its motivation behind the semi-trucks the other day randomly and it made me laugh. Thanks for sharing :)

M said...

At the very end of my pregnancy, Ben said a prayer that "the baby will be born when she's ready." She was born less than 24 hours later! (4 days early)

Alene said...

:-D Emily I loved that! You put it so well! Your baby is so lucky to be coming to such loving parents! I'll talk to my little guy and see if I can't have him bring your little guy to earth tomorrow too!

Lisa said...

I remember writing a similar letter to my baby about a year ago. Except it was more like "Out out OUT!!!!" Everyone always says "Better in than out," but that's because they forget how terrible it feels to be that pregnant and how amazing it is to hold your child for the first time. I'm so excited for you guys too!

Headle said...

What a precious letter! We are all sooo excited to see you both as parents and meet your little one. It will come so naturally for you! :)

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

Oh Em that is so sweet. I am super excited for you and remember you are in our prayers.

rantipoler said...

So exciting! You guys are going to be awesome parents. I hope we get our own some day. You look adorable, by the way.

Jamie said...

Cute...I love that! I should have done something like that when I had my kids. Good luck and I can't wait to see some pics!

Stephanie said...

You are such a sweet mom. Your little boy (and Jared) are so lucky to have you!

Rachel said...

What a sweet letter. Your baby will love to read it someday when he's older. You are going to be an amazing mother!

Cam and Josie said...

I am so excited for you! Hope to hear baby news soon! ...and, I tagged you!