Happy due date to you
Happy due date dear baby
Happy due date to you!
Well, there are 3 more hours left today (on my time, pacific) so I guess it could still happen. Doctor said she's pretty sure I'll start up on my own but if not induction is set for March 6th, 2009 (hence the title of this post). March 6th? That is an eternity! Now I worry about his health and his size, although everything is looking good. I know many of you had late babies, how did it go?
and what's a post without a couple pics?
19 comments:
I like that song--I'll have to remember it. You are such a sweet mom, Em. I had Anna late and everything went fine with the delivery. I just had to do things to help me stay busy during the last few days, because I felt like I was going to lose it. Like you said--tick, tock, tick, tock. I thought I would probably be pregnant forever. In fact I think I was crying about how I couldn't handle it anymore when my water broke. It is such a crazy feeling to be waiting. I'm thinking of you! Love you!!
What a great time to find your blog! (I should be in bed, but I'm blog stalking.) How exciting! I can't believe your having a baby so soon! YAYAY!!
I had both my babies a week late. The week was so hard, but worth the wait! Labor was like a welcome friend. Don't worry about his health or size. He'll come when he's ready and bigger babies eat and sleep better (at least that's what I hear). Good luck!
I need a new walking buddy...so until he decides to introduce himself we will go walking every day after I get off work...I figure we can keep our figures and induldge in ice cream or whatever until he decides enough is enough! We can go to Balboa tomorrow...take the ferry and walk in the sand and then get on the swings at Newport Elementary it is right off the ocean...I got a district parking sticker...no tickets...
I'm with Abbie - bigger babies eat and sleep better, and generally they only cook until they're ready. Sadly, I was always WAY ready before they were. You'll do GREAT! I recommend lots of walking and/or having the doctor sweep your membranes to get things started. I had bad experiences with pitocin (the induction drug), so I'd do almost anything to get things started before then.
GOOD LUCK!
Hang in there Emily! Like Liz said, they only cook as long as they need to. :D He won't stay in there forever!
I was early with Autumn, 6 days late with Heidi, 1 day late with Esther. Everything went fine with each. Just keep busy, like someone else said. Find some projects to start or finish. Walk! Walk lots! Eat spicy foods if you like them. Even though it's not TRULY proven they help, a lot of people swear by them.
haha...when my sister was waiting for her baby to be born, she tried throwing a "birthday party" for her, to trick her into coming out. Unfortunately it didn't work, and she was induced a few days later. But you never know...
I was induced with Ethan but only after being 4 days late. Everything went fine with the delivery but I wish I would have waited and let him come on his own. But by that time, it was hard to have patience. With our next one, I think I will just wait it out until i absolutely have to be induced if necessary. Your contractions get really strong, really fast with pitocin so there is no building up to the pain, it just comes all at once. Almost everyone who is induced, gets the epidural! Just try to have patience and enjoy the time you have to sleep now!
Emily I'm sure the little one is still getting ready for his big appearance. Most first time moms are late so don't worry. Getting a "due date" from the doctor isn't exact (I'm sure we would all like it to be). I'm sure you are ready for this little guy to show. Good luck, I can't wait to see pictures and hear how it goes.
Good luck! You look great! I hope you aren't miserable!
Ok so this may be an old wives tale but 3 out of the 4 people I know that have tried it have go into labor. Eating eggplant parmesan! The women that I know have gone into labor within 4 hours of eating it. But I have not had any kids so I don’t have any tricks for you. By the way Emily I miss you and hope all is good.
You look so adorable!! I remember my due date coming and going. NOTHING even happened for another 7 days, and then I felt these tiny wimpy contractions. On day 8, I got my membranes stripped (I was already dilated to 4), and that really got things going. I had Weston on day 9.
Good luck with everything!! Hang in there!! Everyone says the first one comes like a week late, so enjoy the free time!!
Hmmm I've never had a baby but I was late and my sister was late and we turned out fine. :) (I guess it depends on who you talk to). My sister was two weeks late and I think 10lbs 6oz but the girl wore a size 0-2 wedding dress so I say go big and let them take their time. I love chunky babies! I bet time is going so slow for you right now. Good luck and I can't wait for your baby boys big debut! No matter when he comes he will be perfect.
Well, the good news is that you still look gorgeous.
And the good news is that you will have a baby within the next 2 weeks. You're almost done!
I have the coolest doctor. If I haven't had the baby by 39 weeks, he induces me. So far all of my kids were born early though. Sorry you have to be waiting...there's just nothing worse than that!
Well, I am bummed that you haven't had your baby yet! But...March 6th is my birthday so I think that's an excellent day to be born! :) I am sure being overdue is horrible (I was 5 days early with Jack). I had my membranes stripped, and I went into labor a few days later so who knows if that is what did it?
While you are waiting I say...GO SHOPPING!
well..lets see where we can walk tomorrow...we could go to salt creek beach and walk up and down those killer stairs! Of course I would probably pass out long before you do!
Good luck! I wish the best for you in your delivery...whenever it happens! Oh, and where is that beautiful pond located? You look lovely too!
Well Emily is in LABOR!!!! What a way to get out of walking up and down the Salt Creek Beach Stairs with me. We took the ferry to Balboa and went walking all over the Boardwalk on the Beach, had Coldstone and went to Chili's and ate those spicy chicken things. Woot!! I guess he had enough walking to last him awhile. :-D
CONGRATULATIONS EMILY!!!! I saw photos on facebook and he is ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment