Sunday, December 7, 2008

Utah, Turkey, Family . . .

Wow! Way too long since the last post. The holidays are in full swing and since we got back from Utah for Thanksgiving I have been busy with Christmas stuff and with my new job, but I have lots of new pics to post! I'll just start with some of Thanksgiving Day. We made it to Utah on Wednesday night (ate at Cafe Rio in St. George! yay!)and had Thanksgiving at my parents. It was SO great to see the fam. Especially some of my nieces and nephews who I miss like crazy. Jared's whole family was there as well, which was awesome, family is what the holidays are all about! I loved the cold weather and seeing the snow on my mountains, as well as some of the Christmas lights around Provo that have been put up the same way for as long as I can remember. Sadly, no snow fell while we were there, I may just go a whole winter with out seeing it!
My Mom and I in her kitchen making some stuffing!
Me, niece Julia and my "little" brother Jonathan. Honestly I saw some of his friends on Wednesday night, all RM's and I still think they should be 12 years old.
The White gals, Jared's mom Patti, little sis Meri (pointing and our mini man) and big sis Jessica
Another girls pic, Mom, me, niece Eliza, sisters Becky and Anne, with Grandma Savage.
Becky has three small kids and still found the time to make 5 different and yummy pies!
Julia and Nathaniel were ready with their plates just seconds after the prayer!
My parents have an awesome tramp in the backyard, I got this great pic of Julia, the trees, the Winter mist and the moutains.
My Dad getting out the turkey, Jared's Dad and Chase.
My Family Thanksgiving pic.
My oldest nephew, Nathaniel.My dad and I.
At the end of the day we watched that new missionary movie with the Sister missionaries on TV. My Grandma drove all the way home to Cedar Hills and came all the way back to give us this baby gift (a great monitor!). My family baby shower was that Saturday and she was going to miss it because she was flying out to see another of her great grandchildren blessed in Texas. I love my Grandma. Pics of the shower in the next post!! Stay tuned.

Wow doing this post made me miss my Utah fam! I love you guys! Can't wait for you to come visit in the Spring!

7 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

how fun guys!

Amy said...

Wow, you look great in those pictures! You're absolutely glowing. Glad you had a good holiday!

Sarah Roberts said...

i just saw your post on my blog:) I can't wait to get your guy's christmas card:) and I am very glad you liked the diaper cake- it was a blast to make! Let me know when you guys finally decide on a name for the little bundle of joy:)

Jean said...

Great pictures!! What a fantastic Thanksgiving spread -- I am also very impressed with all the pies! And you look AMAZING!!! Glad you guys got to enjoy some Rio!

Lisa said...

What great pictures! You look absolutely gorgeous preggo, by the way. I'm glad everything went well!

Unknown said...

You are so cute pregnant!

rantipoler said...

That looks like a fun Thanksgiving. I can't remember that last time I had Thanksgiving with family . . .