Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Happy Halloween!

I didn't mean to have those quiz results up for so long as the last post! But anyway, we had a fun Halloween! I wore shorts on Halloween, that sure is different! But here are a few of our festivities:

Pumpkin Patch! There was a pumpkin patch, complete with petting zoo just down the road from us so last week we made the quick trip to get a pumpkin, turns out they were $15 just for the smaller ones! So we walked around and then decided to go to the grocery store across the street to get one for $4.99.Jared had gum on his pants after this pic :(
Animals in the petting zoo.

Carving Our Pumpkin: Before


The finished product: I chose the American Flag in light of this being an election year!On our front porch.

For the past four Halloweens I have had a party with my good friends the Wood Family decorating cookies and watching Icabod Crane, but this year I am far away so I had to miss it! :( But to make myself feel better I made my own batch of Halloween Cookies, and rented Icabod from Blockbuster online! So this pic is for you Steph!
Picture from last years party. I taught the younger girls dance for a long time at their studio in their house.Halloween was great, Jared's parents work at the temple on Friday so we passed out candy at their house for them. Then to top it all off I had a scary dream about Edward, Bella and Beetle Juice! haha.

7 comments:

Betsy said...

Emily - you look amazing! How is your pregnancy going? It looks like things are going well for you guys. Just think, next Halloween you'll be thinking up a costume for your little guy! Hope all is well :)

Jean said...

You guys had an awesome Halloween!! The cookies and the pumpkin are AMAZING!! Great idea for the election year!

rantipoler said...

I'm totally impressed with your flag pumpkin!

Jessie said...

Happy Halloween! Looks like you guys had fun!

Unknown said...

Cute pumpkin!

Rachel said...

Haha, we also passed out candy for someone else (my brother's family). They were out of town and we figured that it would be fun to see the trick or treaters there instead of not get any at our apartment. Looks like you had fun!

Headle said...

I love that you made all those sugar cookies!! Your little guy is going to have so much fun being a part of the action next year...maybe he can even get a taste of the frosting :P

Looks like you and Jared are having a blast in Cali!!