Thursday, November 13, 2008

"Are you going to have a Baaaby?"

Alright so last week it kind of hit me, this belly of mine is growing and I look pregnant. I've known this for weeks, but last week is when it became apparent that people who may not know me or who I haven't told that I'm pregnant, can now tell just by looking. The way I'm carrying is what I would call "high and round", and not straight out. I can still do up most of my regular pants but my slimmer jeans are uncomfortable and I even wore maternity pants for the first time on Saturday, man there is no hiding anything in those! Here is how I came to this realization . . .
With the new job I have as a teacher in an after school program with Elementary kids, we have to wear these red polos. The only size they had left was S and 2X. I honestly would've taken the 2X but it would've looked ridiculous and the S is ok, I guess. It's not like I'm trying to hide my belly but when I was hired I hadn't told anyone outright that I was pregnant. Last week, three weeks into this job, these first graders started coming up to me and just rubbing my belly? That was a little weird. Then this 3rd grade girl, who isn't even part of the program, spotted me across the playground. She made eye contact with me and smiled great big. She didn't take her eyes off me, or the smile off her cute round face as she slowly stopped her swing, got off, walked towards me and asked "Are you going to have a Baaaby?" I told her yes. She then asked "Can I touch your belly?" I said no, but thanks for asking first. She was still talking to me when some of the other teachers walked up. So I told them too. Two of the ladies were like "oh, I was kind of wondering" and the other one was like "no way! I had no idea". Yesterday I saw our boss so I pulled her aside and told her because I didn't want her to hear it from one of the kids or someone else first. She also was like, "I had no idea!". Those polos can be deceiving I suppose, but wearing anything else, there is no more hiding this belly of mine, and I can't even recognize my own belly button anymore!
Sorry for three different pictures, we were trying to get the best one. (Please note the table setting in the background of the 3rd, the first time I've used my china since we've moved!)
I'm 25 weeks or 5.5 months pregnant. 3rd trimester starts December 2nd! Wow, so much to do!

15 comments:

Liz Johnson said...

YOU LOOK GREAT! You are SUCH a cute pregnant woman!!! Woohoo, I can't believe you're getting so close!

Unknown said...

You look great!

Sarah Roberts said...

you still do not look very prego- you look terrific

Annie said...

I just want to say... You are 25 weeks and just barely wore maternity pants!?!? No fair. :)

Gaskin Girl said...

Okay, so you look fabulous and have that pregnant "glow" about you! And you hardly look very big! You're due a whole month before I am and I look like I could deliver by Thanksgiving! No fair!

Jean said...

You look so fantastic, Emily!! Guess the word is out now, haha!

pandorasbox said...

I can so visualize the little girl looking at you...I am sure with all the strollers I see on the streets in Costa Mesa that these little hispanic little girls have seen lots of tummy's in their time...Kids are so observant that is for sure. :-)

But the sad thing is I see this at the High school just down the street young teenage girls get pregnant and they try to hide it but there comes a point of no return.

Long waists/torso's sure come in handy don't they?

Cortney said...

You look AMAZING for how far along you are. Honestly, I am totally jealous of your pregnant body, my pregnant body is nothing like that! :) But, doesn't it feel great knowing what is going on inside of you?

Lisa said...

You look so great! Thanks for sharing pictures. I can't believe that you JUST started wearing maternity pants! I started when I was like 14 weeks.

Keep us updated!

Greg and Allice said...

Emily,

You look so good for being 5.5 months prego. I love that 3 kids rubbed your belly. So cute. Good luck with all the preparations!! It all comes at you so fast and before you know it the little one is here!

M said...

Ditto on the not fair maternity pants procrastination....I'm only 17 weeks and I've been in them for a couple weeks now. You look totally great!

Good choice on telling your boss....I thought I was hiding things really well until I went in for my "advising session" and our department chair asked if I was sure I'd be teaching next semester...bleah. :-)

Rachel said...

I hope that someday I'll look as good as you do when I'm pregnant! You look really cute, Emily.

hilary w said...

Wow...you look adorable! I can't believe you are only now starting to wear maternity pants. I started wearing maternity pants about a month ago when I was only about 17 weeks along! I am so happy that pregnancy is treating you so well. You will be such a cute mommy!

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

I think you look sssoooo GOOD. Someday when I get pregnant you will have to share your secrets of how to look so amazing and cute.

Sarah said...

Congrats Emily and Jared!! I didn't know you guys were expecting! I was excited to find your blog through Anna-Lisa's. You do look totally great. We are expecting too, in May! So exciting! Hope you are doing well in Cali!