Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails . . .

(profile)
(foot)
. . . that's what little BOYS are made of! We were thrilled to find out this morning that we're having a boy! Thanks to all who voted on the poll! No Rhino or Vampire baby for us (thank goodness!). I've felt it was a boy all along so I wasn't surprised. He was very squirmy and a little stubborn at first but we finally got a good look. My due date was also moved up so now I'm 21 weeks and due February 24th! I can't wait to meet this little guy! February seems so much sooner than March! Boy advice?

30 comments:

pandorasbox said...

Lots of love and hugs, books, soap, water, crayons, paper, tape, dirt, big wheels, little people, music, dancing, At least he cooperated so you could see what was going on!

Cirina said...

Hooray Emily! I am so excited for you. Little boys are so fun! Don't waste your money on any of the "Pee-Pee Teepees", they just get kicked off immediately! And don't be surprised if you get peed on a lot while changing diapers or giving baths! It happens quite often with baby boys! Just a warning! You will have so much fun with him! Congrats!!!
P.S. No fair,you are a week farther along than me and your stomach is like half the size of mine! It makes me feel huge! :)

Krista said...

Em i am SO excited. you are gonna be the cutest mom ever! i love you and miss you like crazy! i am gonna call you cause i just HAVE to talk to you about this exciting news :)
love ya Krista

Abby said...

Yay! So exciting! I was on pins & needles waiting for your post yesterday but darn that three hours time difference. I just couldn't stay up late enough. :)

Sorry I can't give you a whole lot of advice on having a boy....but I could always point you toward my sisters. :) They've got plenty of boys.

Liz Johnson said...

Woohoo!!!! I'm quite partial to boys myself. :) You look AMAZING, by the way! How are you 21 weeks pregnant and so skinny?!?!

Congratulations again!!

Amy said...

YAY! Congrats again and again. I can't believe you're already more than halfway there!

Mallory said...

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations, Emily (and Jared) that is so awesome! Anytime I go to a store with baby clothing I want to stock up on the little boys things because they are so darn cute. And you are too darn skinny to be pregnant. Have you seen Baby Mama?...You should if you haven't. I seriously write certain posts with you in mind because I love that you appreciate my crazy blog so much, so that Wymount one was for you!! I should do cute things with my blog like you do, too and now just spat out random crazies. YAY again for you!

Unknown said...

YEAH! That sure is lots of exciting news! How fun. Boys are lovely!

Sarah Roberts said...

Congrats!!!!!"Yay for you!!!

Lisa said...

Yayyyyyyyyyy for boys!!!!!!! They rock :) And thanks for posting the picture!! See, we all wanted to see you. Except that you don't even look PREGNANT!! Maybe, MAYBE Thanksgiving dinner tummy. You look great! Be sure to keep us updated :)

Bayles Clan said...

yeah! congrats and you look so cute! we are having a girl!

Brooke said...

Boys have a lot of energy! At least at this house they seem to! So my advice is squeeze in sleep where you can!

Emily Gregersen said...

Em that is so exciting!!!! Little Boys are so much fun. Congrats you are going to be the best mom!! I am so happy for you!

Cam and Josie said...

Yay! How fun! I am SO thrilled for you two! And to KNOW now that you are having a boy--TOO EXCITING!

Jean said...

WOOHOO!!! Congrats!!! That's awesome! I voted "boy" on your poll... it just seemed to make sense for some reason. :-) Yay!! I LOVE having a baby boy! (Just watch when you change that diaper -- the pee soars, right onto his face sometimes!!)

Heather said...

Yeah for boys! We love ours.

Jamie said...

Congrats! It's been so long since I saw you! How are you? What have you been up to? Our blog is www.jakeandjamie.blogspot.com Blog stalk all you want :)

Jenni said...

Congratulations on the little boy! I am very excited for you two!

Angie said...

thanks for posting the picture of you and your little baby bump! you look adorable! congrats on the news! i hope i have a little boy first. how fun!

Elizabeth said...

Yeah for a little boy. That is so exciting!! Congrats!

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

So as I promised I wore BLUE in honer of you and your little guy. I am so excited for you.

Lindsay said...

Congrats to you Emily!!!!! Boys rock. Mine is supposed to come in 3 days... I am excited for you! You look great

Rachel said...

I have to say, I was one of the people who voted for a vampire...but I guess a boy will do anyway. ;) Congrats! And Emily, you sure look great pregnant! (Where's the baby? You're so skinny!)

Rachel said...

I have to say, I was one of the people who voted for a vampire...but I guess a boy will do anyway. ;) Congrats! And Emily, you sure look great pregnant! (Where's the baby? You're so skinny!)

Lesley said...

Yay!!! I LOVE little boys. And I know you will too. Advice -- enjoy him. He is going to be so much fun.

You look so tiny!

Headle said...

Congratulations!!! You will LOVE having a boy! Boys are so sweet :)

You are going to make an incredible mom!! How exciting for you two!! You'll both be such awesome parents.

Stephanie said...

Yeah Em! Congratulations on a boy! I have been lucky and Benjamin has never squirted me. Hopefully baby White will be the same. How nice to have your due date moved up rather than back!

Tara said...

Congrats on a Boy! They are so fun...plus you don't have to worry about doing their hair. :) You look great! Hope you are feeling well.

Alene said...

YEAH! We're so close now! And both having boys! I love that! Congrats!!!

Gaskin Girl said...

Congrats on the boy! I have absolutely NO advice for boys, so I guess this comment is pretty worthless! We're really excited for you guys! Isn't it fun to buy baby clothes?!