Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Beach, Blessing, Birthday, Luau . .

Some fun things we've been doing over the past couple weeks!

Corona del Mar Beach for a quick and FREE date night (even parking!)
I just love this little beach, it is close to us, surrounded by beautiful beach houses and scenery.

Baby Blessing of Jared's new cousin. Jocelyn Mareta Tahauri. Their family lives in Hesperia about 1.5 hours away from us. Here is Aunt Carolyn and her new baby (her 7th!). Isn't this so sweet? I love how the Proclamation just happens to be behind them.
Uncle Jeff
Celebrating the blessing, Jared and I with his parents.
Happy Birthday Zack! 2 years old! His dad Chase is one of Jared's buds from his home ward in California. They now live in Malibu so were happy to be close enough to hang out with them again. Zack's mom Sarah made him this amazing Lightning McQueen Cake!
Jared is holding Zack's new little sister Tanya and don't you love our CARS party hats?
Tahitian Luau! At the blessing, some of Jared's Tahitian relatives told us about this Luau that was taking place really close to us so Jared's parents jumped on it and invited us to come with them! It was a fun and cultural experience! We were just expecting to eat and enjoy the entertainment but at the end of the dancing, a couple of the warrior guys came into the audience and asked girls to come on stage and dance with them! I was one of the two girls chosen! How could I say no? I can't say I moved my hips like the professionals but I attempted! Here I am on stage next to the guy who brought me up.
Don't I look just like a Tahitian lady? hee hee :)And finally, finishing up the last stiches on some pillows I made for our new couches. (Don't look too close b/c they aren't perfectly square:)) THANKS everyone for the congratulations on the last post. We couldn't be happier about having a boy. It's been so fun this last week to be able to call the baby a "he", and we've even bought a few cute boy outfits!

9 comments:

Rach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rach said...

YAY! Pregnant?! Congratulations! I am so happy for you. And a boy, what joy! I love hearing how life is down there...It was hands down my favorite place to live...except my family wasn't there to enjoy it with me. I sure hope things continue to go well for you, Take care.
Rach

Jean said...

That beach is beautiful!! We still haven't been to any beaches in Orange County - must go!! You are adorable at the luau. Where is that baby??! You look great!

Mallory said...

I love the picture of you on stage just standing there, you are such a good sport! You probably could've busted out some awesome choreography. I am SO jealous you get to go to the beach for dates, it is gorgeous. Jimmy was very flattered by your comment...he will have to write Jared a persuasive letter about how amazing She's the Man is and how it has brought us closer together as a couple or something. Haha, so great.

Sarah Roberts said...

You have been very busy! Those pillows look awesome too!

Headle said...

Emily!! You look sooo beautiful!! You really do look like a Californian girl! I can see you both just THRIVING there!! How fun to go to the BEACH for date night :)

hilary w said...

Okay...so I had family in town all last week and haven't checked your blog until today so HOORAY for little boys! I am SOOOO excited for you! Seriously...little boys are the best. After having Jack I decided I would be content to have all boys if it happened that way because they are so great. It's so fun having a little buddy at home to play with. And don't let anyone fool you...decorating and buying clothes for little boys is still totally fun! Sure, you don't get to do hair or buy pretty dresses, but they sure have some cute things nowadays for boys. So, again, I am SOOO happy for you!

Lisa said...

I bet they could just tell that you were a dancer :)

Alene said...

Wow! So many fun things going on! I esp loved the beach shots, tahitian dancing, and the Cars Cake!