Monday, October 6, 2008

Downtown Disney, 19 Weeks and HAIR CUT?

Last month we drove up to Downtown Disney (about 30 min. drive) to celebrate when Jared submitted his Thesis. We had fun at the Rainforest Cafe and looking at all the cute shops with their Halloween decorations up.

Jared and his mom, Patti
Jared and lego R2D2
Lego Darth Vader and I

19 Week Update
- Last week I started to feel the baby move! yay! For me it felt like hard bubbles in my tummy. I wasn't sure it was the baby at first, but I've felt it just about every day since then, and yesterday the baby was moving all day I promise! I was thinking maybe it was the sweets I ate over the weekend that made the baby hyper!

Hair Cut Advice?: I've really been thinking about cutting bangs. I've been adventurous with my hair color, but never with my cut. I had short hair my sophomore year in high school that basically turned into a triangle because of my curls, and my kind of curliness just works better long. But I like these bangs. What do YOU think? Would they work for me? Even if my hair isn't really layered? I also need to add that I found this picture on a photography blog, the photographer was from Provo. I've been looking at lots of photographers lately, mostly looking at newborn photos for ideas. But when the only pics of the bangs I liked on Google were Jennifer Love Hewitt and Jessica Simpson, showing a little more than I'd like to post on my family blog, I remembered this picture. I don't know this girl but if anyone does tell her she has great hair!

10 comments:

Jean said...

Yay Downtown Disney! Tim and I love going there, especially the Rainforest Cafe and the Lego store. That's SO exciting, that the baby's moving all around now!! That is so special!! And I think you'd look hot with bangs like that. I'm in the market for a cute style myself right now -- I'm getting sick of sporting the ponytail, haha!

PS - I know Rena from the counseling center at BYU, where we worked at the front desk together (and had a lot of fun!). They lived in South Wymount when we were in Wymount. That's so cool that you've met her! Small world!!

Abby said...

Fun fun! I think those bangs would look great on you. And they're a pretty safe style to try since they're side-swept. If you don't like them, you'll be able to tuck them behind your ears in a few months. :)

Liz Johnson said...

I think the bangs would look fantastic on you!!! That girl has really cute hair. I say go for it!! It's always fun for a change, and with the side-swept kind, you can always pin them back or behind your ears if you don't like them.

Lisa said...

Those bangs would ROCK on you. You would be unbelievably adorable. I wanted to cut bangs, but then was painfully reminded that my unreasonably short forehead would look kind of funny with bangs :(

I WANT TO SEE A SIDEWAYS PICTURE OF YOU!!!! I want to see Emily all cute and preggo :)

Megan said...

Wow I am so jealous you get to be in Orange County. I do miss home. I actually lived in Laguna Hills when I was really little too! That's cool your baby will be born in the hospital there. Enjoy the Newport Beach Temple. I love it! I say go for the bangs. Bangs grow out really fast too which can be nice if you don't like how they look. They are a fun change.

Unknown said...

You know what it feels like when you wave your hand under water? That's what the baby felt like to me, at first anyway!

I say go for it! It would look great on you!

emily said...

just adding my voice to the chorus...

yes! bangs! do it!

beware though: while, as others have mentioned, long, side-swept bangs offer the option of tucking them behind your ear if you're not that into them, they also present a real danger.

you see, once they're cut, you'll probably love them, but after a few weeks you might start to wonder, what would they look like shorter? and you find a pair of scissors and soon you no longer have to wonder. and after another couple of weeks, curiosity steps up again and before you know it you have a full set of bangs that are definitely not long enough to tuck behind your ear.

...but maybe that's just me. and they'll grow out fast enough if you let 'em. :)

Stephanie said...

How fun to enjoy some time with Jared. Wow that is some serious time someone spent with Legos! Hmmm hair style... Try the bangs that would be fun, and if you don't like they grow fast enough to blend in.

Katie Cash Davis said...

I want to be in Disney Land! That looks so fun. I think bangs would be SO CUTE on you! I love your long hair though, so am glad you're not cutting it all. And 19 weeks--almost halfway! Yeah!

breena rae said...

totally do the bangs...I love mine and you'd look great. If you tell the stylist to do an assymetrical bang cut and keep them slightly long (like the bangs in the pic) then it's good. I can still pull mine back with bobby pins.