Monday, September 29, 2008

Back to School . . .

This past Thursday was Jared's first day of school as a PhD student at UCI! I was happy I woke up early enough to make him Breakfast and to document the occasion! (I think Jared was happy about the breakfast, but was a good sport about the picture:)
This pic of Jared and his big sis Jessica looks like it could have been taken on the first day of Kindergarten maybe? He looks about 5. Patti, do you know? It's funny to think Jess was once taller than Jared.4-5 more years of school? We can do it!

. . . and by the way, today I am hearting this stroller system in this pattern, what do you think?

11 comments:

pandorasbox said...

So that's where that photo went...and my land look how tall Jared is now!!!

I was NOTORIOUS for taking pictures the first day of school. This I think was when Jessica was 6and Jared was 3. I think JEssica was starting first grade and Jared was going to start preschool... they are 3 years apart and he doesn't look like a two year old here...so he must be a preschooler...But yeah...he wasn't too happy that she got to go to school and he didn't but he did a little bit later when preschool started. I made their clothes by the way..that was when we were poor as church mice location was Big Springs Elementary School in Simi Valley, CA.

Unknown said...

Are PhD students allowed to wear flip flops? WOW! :) Love it!

I had a stroller system. The carrier was perfect to have for church, restaurants, movies, etc. The stroller is nice because I am tall. I have a cheapie now for traveling (it was $15) but drives me crazy because it was made for short people.

Jean said...

Back to school!! Awesome - yahoo for Jared. We know some folks at UCI who live in the married housing - the Dave & Rena Thayer. I don't know if that's where you guys are, but just in case. :-)

Love the travel system!! It's a totally cute design. Those things are so convenient.

Sarah Roberts said...

Emily, I think your cute- tht's what I think

Emily Gregersen said...

Love the Stroller and Car Seat. The design is perfect because it is neutral enough it will work for boy or girl, I think.

indymartin said...

Love the stroller! You can use it on walks with me and the kids. Hope Jared is surviving the first week.

indymartin said...

About conference...we don't seem to get it on cable...at least we haven't in the past. We just watch it live stream on the computer through lds.org. It works well! We'll be out of town, but I'll ask a few others if they know of a station locally.

Headle said...

I think its ADORABLE that you took a back to school picture of Jared and made him breakfast. You are adorable!!

I love the stroller system too!! Its so pretty and looks so comfortable. My first thought was, "I want to sit in that!!" :P

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

I think that this is a good choice. Neutral is the way to go. But if you have a girl you will have to put a pink ribbon on it somewhere.

Mike said...

Hey Emily! Mike started his PhD in August so if you ever feel like a widow I totally understand. I would love to see you in November when my sister gets married but I have a feeling we are going to be really busy. We fly in the day before, she gets married on the 7th and we fly home on Saturday the day after. If you don't have anything on Friday morning or noonish you could make a temple trip and we could run into each other! That would be great. However, I figure if you are going to be in California for awhile we are bound to meet up. That would be so much fun. Do you know where you are going to have your baby? I was born at Hoag Hospital which I think is so cool because I can say I was born in Newport Beach with an Ocean View! Take care. :)

Chandler Family said...

Yea!!! I am so excited that you posted a comment! You are so beautiful and I am so excited for you and your little one on the way!!