I REALLY wish I could've seen more friends and family while we were there, I miss you all! It was just such a whirlwind! Oh and also, THANK YOU to all for your comments and congratulations on our pregnancy. Things are still going well, I still fit my pants and haven't felt anything quite yet (hopefully soon!). Keep voting on the poll! I think boy and girl are tied right now! Vampire and Rhino are tied for third . . .
Sunday, September 21, 2008
42 Hours in Provo!
We made a very quick trip to Provo this past week so Jared could defend his 112 page MA Thesis at BYU. He PASSED! Yay Jared! I really am so happy for him and so proud of him. For the past few weeks and during the defense (where three Spanish Professors at BYU basically ask him questions about his research and ideas) I have been thinking about that movie "Cinderella Man" where Renee Zelweger says to Russell Crowe, "Everytime you get punched it's like I'm getting hit too" when explaining why she doesn't attend his boxing matches. I know I didn't write a single word or read a single page of the 30 + books he read to write this thing, but I really feel like I have been feeling his emotions lately as he has been working his tail off, and anxious for the defense, as well as the relief when he passed and that his Masters is finished.
Ready to rock the defense!
Some of our old friends that are in Jared's same program. It was great to see you guys! Thanks for coming to support!
My parents and little sis Annie came too.
The three professors on Jared's thesis commitee - when it was all over! They all agreed that he passed!
I went to visit my little sis Annie who lives in the same Hall I lived in! To my Hinckley Buds, the Cannon Center as we knew it is gone! They built a brand new one right next to it, it is a lot bigger and nicer! Being here made me miss all the great memories I have with my dorm buds, I'm glad we're still in touch through blogging!
My fam got together at my sister Becky's house while we were there. My niece Eliza crawled in the doghouse!
I absolutely LOVE this picture! I really miss ALL my nieces and nephews so much. Sweet Julia even cried when she had to go to bed and we had to leave, it almost made me cry too! And when I asked Nathaniel for a hug before we left he said "oh, OF COURSE!"
Jared and his bro Chase at Fro-Yo.
I REALLY wish I could've seen more friends and family while we were there, I miss you all! It was just such a whirlwind! Oh and also, THANK YOU to all for your comments and congratulations on our pregnancy. Things are still going well, I still fit my pants and haven't felt anything quite yet (hopefully soon!). Keep voting on the poll! I think boy and girl are tied right now! Vampire and Rhino are tied for third . . .
Things are going pretty well here in California, we're feeling more settled and are getting to know more people in our ward and in our area. Everyone is really nice and we are so greatful. Jared starts school this week!
I REALLY wish I could've seen more friends and family while we were there, I miss you all! It was just such a whirlwind! Oh and also, THANK YOU to all for your comments and congratulations on our pregnancy. Things are still going well, I still fit my pants and haven't felt anything quite yet (hopefully soon!). Keep voting on the poll! I think boy and girl are tied right now! Vampire and Rhino are tied for third . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Notice the blue shirt motif at the defense...hmmmm. It was awesome Jared, and you wrote a big-a thesis too. One that says, "Bring it on PhD program, I am ready!" Good luck down there man, it was good to see you guys even if it was very brief, and congratulations on becoming future parents. Very exciting times.
I felt the same way sitting through David's defense. I think I was more nervous than HIM!
And P.S. Cinderella Man is one of my most favorite movies EVER!!!
Congratulations Jareb! I'm sure that's a HUGE load off both of your shoulders. Yay for school being done!
YAAAAAAAY JARED!!! That's awesome! Glad the pregnancy is going well too! :-)
hooray! congrats, jared. i know what a relief that is.
...and i noticed the blue shirt theme, too. didn't you get the memo, jared?
Thanks everyone. This has been such a huge task for me. I know that I couldn't have done it without some great examples, much discussion, and prayers from everyone. School starts this Thursday, so I'm back to the grind (is there no end?!?)!
CONGRATS
Congrats to Jared!!!! Yay he can now be called Master Blanco:)
FIRST OFF....CONGRATS EMILY!!!! I haven't checked blogs in forever and I didn't realize you were pregnant! I am so happy for you guys! I am glad to hear that your pregnancy is going so smoothly. And way to Jared on the thesis! Good Luck with School!
Emily, I know what you mean about feeling the emotion of research and writing. The Master's has been so different from the undergrad, and when Ben graduates this next year, and the conductor at graduation says 'we'd like to thank the spouses and families of our graduates' I will really feel I took a part in it. Congratulations on finishing another degree!
Post a Comment