Tuesday, August 26, 2008

We Made It!

Just wanted to quickly let everyone know that we are here in our new placed in Irvine, CA. We made the drive on Saturday, Jared's car and the 17 foot Uhaul got here safely that night around 6:30 CA time. I just have to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart to everyone that came out and helped us. It really was just so touching to see everyone on both ends of our trip who sacrificed their time and maybe had a sore back the next day, just to help us. So far we're mostly unpacked (but not organized), nothing is very damaged except a few scratches on our kitchen table, and the only thing missing is a silver platter but it's got to turn up right? Really I was ready for a few of my favorite dishes to be broken but nada! Yesterday Jared's mom Patti took me out shopping to look for new couches. We went to a ton of furniture stores but I ended up liking the very first ones I saw the best - isn't that always how it goes? So today Jared and I made the plunge and purchased a couch, loveseat, rug, and entertainment center. I don't think I've ever spent so much $$ in one day! But this place definitely needs some furniture. I really like it here, we have a two bedroom town home in the student family housing at UCI. The bedrooms and bathroom are upstairs, it's nice, but kind of weird that we can't hear each other from everywhere in the apartment. My kitchen is great! I've got some more counterspace and cupboards, but somehow I've been able to fill them up with all the stuff that I had in my smaller Wymount kitchen. Well, I'll take some pics of our place when I get organized and watch for pictures from the move coming soon! THANKS again to all who helped.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I want to see pictures of the new place - that way I can imagine you in your apartment in CA! :). Yeah for the smooth move. I hope you settle in okay.

Sarah Roberts said...

I am glad you guys are safe- I ended up going to bed with a migraine and Andy fell asleep as well because he hadn't gotten any sleep that day- I am so sorry we didn't come help.

Cortney said...

I'm very excited for you! And of course, glad to hear that the move went well. :)

Cam and Josie said...

So glad you are safe and sound! And as much fun as moving and unpacking can be... I am happy to hear you are getting settled. And yay for the furniture--that is always fun!

Lisa said...

Yay, I'm glad you guys made it safely! I can't wait to see pictures either. It's so wonderful moving into a non-Wymount kitchen, isn't it? And you have an UPSTAIRS?? Big time, right there :)