Sunday, August 17, 2008

Emily's trying to be more interesting . . .

I think I have ADD because I always want to post creative, clever things and thoughts like I see on so many of your blogs but I just can't think that hard and organize my thoughts. It just ends up being easier to post pictures of my fam and say "this is what we did". Well, today I will try to be a little more interesting.

So, Jared and I are moving this week, it is bitter-sweet. I know that it is the right thing. I am so excited for a new adventure, to be in southern California, and especially to be close to the Whites. But I know Utah backwards and forwards, I've lived here my whole life. I know how to get anywhere. I know the speed limits on the roads! I know many dancers and teachers all over the state and am part of that network. I know the good grocery stores and shortcuts to get there, I know exactly where everything is that I need in them. 21 out of 24 people on my side of the family live here and I love to see my nieces and nephews grow up, I will miss them! But honestly even as I write this I know that this is the right thing for us, that I will be happy in California. I really love our ward out here too and today at church was tough thinking this is my last time with these amazing people and friends at church but I also had a feeling that our new ward is going to be what we will need and that there are new people to get to know and experiences to have. I also have been thinking today about family, especially my extended family like Jared's side and my side and how much I really love them. I feel like I have a deeper understanding of what family really is than I ever have. I can't really put it into words but family is such an amazing thing and I am so blessed to be a part of the Wright's and the White's! Well, so this is kind of a journal entry but it is a little more of a look into my life for my bloggin' friends this time around!

and I just can't resist to post some pics of my family, to tell you what we've been doing!
My 1-year old niece Eliza would crawl all the way up to the slide here at Wymount and go down by herself!
Some of my old and true gal pals, when Brooke (on my right) was in town a couple weeks ago. Brooke lives in San Diego so I already have at least one friend out there! Love ya Brooke!
Savage Family Lagoon Day! My Grandpa Savage's company has an employee day every summer and of course we always get in on it too. Don't you love our cool shirts?
A bunch of the girls with Grandma Savage.
All the fam that was there, after Rattlesnake Rapids (For the past two years I've volunteered to watch the babies b/c I don't want to get wet!) We're kind of a crazy bunch.
Enjoying some cotton candy and a cinnamon roll at the end of a fun day. Lagoon is great, once a year for free, you just can't pass it up!And speaking of great family, here is a pic of my amazing in-laws on San Clemente Beach. I don't stand out too much do I? Can you believe I am going to be living by beaches like this? Living, not on vacation, but living!

11 comments:

pandorasbox said...

We are just as excited about you coming to the OC. You will love living in the mission field! Not to mention you are only 2 miles from the Newport Beach Temple. Dave and I work there every Friday night...would love to have you there too!

Now we have the perfect excuse to purchase annual passes to Disneyland...We have plenty of room in the White house to have the Wrights come and visit...and we have bikes out our ears to ride to the playa del rey.

Love,

P

Cam and Josie said...

Aw--fun memories : ] Families are the best! Em, I am so excited for you and Jared and your new adventure! We all truly love our families, but it is incredible to find your OWN space and create your independence in a far off place : ] PLUS--you'll be closer to ME now (maybe?) I love you! And good luck with the moving!

Unknown said...

I had all those EXACT same feelings when we moved to Texas. It's an adjustment.

Lisa said...

I know how you feel, it is bittersweet to leave Wymount. But you will love living in California! Man, I can't imagine living by a beach--I know what you mean, I've only been to them on vacation!

Heather said...

I enjoy pictures - and whatever you have to write. I always put stuff about our garden and food - so not creative there. Good luck with CA.

Sarah Roberts said...

how fun Emily....I will miss you though...even though we never get to do anything together anymore...so sad

hilary w said...

What a big change in your lives! It's hard not to be sentimental, but you seem to have such a good attitude about leaving and moving on to new adventures. I'm sure living near the beach helps too! I can't wait to hear how the move went and how you are settling in!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Good luck with the move. We will be following you in a few weeks. I know what you mean about the bittersweetness of moving to California. So many things to look forward to, but so many things that I am leaving behind. I totally agree with you about how I just KNOW Utah. There are surprises and I know the back roads or the quickest way to get somewhere....I'm excited for the change and the new things i will learn, but I will definitely miss this. :)

Charlotte and Dugan Frehner said...

I am sorry I was bugging you about having a goodbye dinner. I didn't know that you already had one. I wish you the best of luck in CA. It is hard to move away but you know you can always come back.

Angie said...

glad you made it out safely! we miss you, there are strange people walking around upstairs... we have yet to meet them but we doubt they'll be as nice as you guys! ;) Have fun!

The Coles said...

I LOVE YOU!